What did you do to your car today?

KROUT

persona non grata
Installed my 03 gti seats I had in my golf into my bug. I have riccaros for the golf.

old seats

Installed

Here is the door panel I sanded and repainted the top part and door handle. Still have to do the other 3 panels

Has any one ever tried to retrofit golf rear seats into a bug. I have the matching rear seats for these but the mounts are different in the bug for the rears. These seats are some much more comfortable than the old worn out ones I took out.

Last edited:

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
KROUT said:
Installed my 03 gti seats I had in my golf into my bug. I have riccaros for the golf.

These seats are some much more comfortable than the old worn out ones I took out.
Nice. Did you cover the rears too? The head rests are the best mod for a Golf or Jetta, but seeing you're installing these in a Beetle to begin with ...then there's no argument over whether or not these actually look in "place" for a NB or not... lol.

BrianCT

P.S. nice interior Krout.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
delvi__acevedo said:
2 days ago pick up an other diesel a bit larger:D

can I upgrade this turbo:eek:
last pic shows what oil we should be using in our ALH's

Also I did cold weather/fuel sender mod.I'll see if it does anything on Sat. when temps go back down to double -'s

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
delvi__acevedo said:
2 days ago pick up an other diesel a bit larger:D

can I upgrade this turbo:eek:
Delvi, are you serious or is this a joke? What are you doing with a truck like this?

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
delvi__acevedo said:
no time anymore Bill:eek:

and the new vehicle already has 500Hp
:cool: Yea you could go bigger :D on the turbo... but how you know it is not big enough... if you can still lift it without help... lol

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
How loud is that horn? much more than OEM?

Honeydew said:
Installed a Stebel Nautilus horn. One of the OE brackets worked well after I bent it up. The threads on the bracket match the threads on the Stebel mounting bolt. The bracket is attached to the front bolt for the Panzer plate post.

kgirlbug2k

Veteran Member
I will preface this with yes, I AM a complete moron.

Rodney, my 2.0, just had a timing belt and waterpump done, but I have been so far in love with my TDI, that I haven't driven the 2.0 much. After sitting a week, he had no coolant on a 14 degree day, I filled up the tank and kept on trucking.

Well, this past week, I have been driving the 2.0 to work (5-10 mins each way) Heat only when facing uphill, fans not coming on at all...lower than average power on inclines, blue light popping on after running awhile...tonight, was a CEL

Sounds like an air pocket to me...so I call a friend and ask how to burp the system.
I work evenings, don't fall asleep until around 3 am, and figure from 1 am to 3, even I can do this...so let's go to the grocery store where the gas pumps are lit, but not active at night, and when I'm done, I'll treat my husband to some salmon...he wakes up and comes along.

I didn't let the car cool enough before trying to add more coolant, and it barfed all over the place. Then, I lose the clips to the temp sensor. Oh wait, is it supposed to leak? No? Ah yes, where did that O-ring go? Husband was not amused, but did not nag, just complained of the cold until I mentioned I had blankets in the back...he went to sleep.

No more red coolant, market only had green. Got Rodney back together, drove five miles home. Clothes that are covered in coolant are in the washer, I had my shower, salmon is in the oven...kid gets up in a about 2 hours and needs a ride to school, and I will be on the hunt for a coolant flush before work at 3 pm.

KROUT

persona non grata
Richard55 said:
Scott
Did they bolt right up or did you have to modify?
Yes I had to change the airbag plug and seat belt plug other than that they bolt right up. The rear seats from a golf wont work I tried. I have not done anything to the rears they are still stock, if its not too much and they can match the fabric I may have the rears recovered.

I washed the bug this morning its was 39 I think I am starting to adjust to the cold weather. lol

Richard I might be heading to Atl sunday to pic up a car.

kgirlbug2k

Veteran Member
Got coolant flushed, and Rodney irritated the devil out of the mechanic. Found a bad MAF too, and this one only has 2,000 miles. Oh well, the first one wasn't replaced until 192K.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
I aced out a Scion TC driven by a girl.

The jetta has a lot of good characteristics, but 0-60 isn't really one of them.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
started laying down the Raammat in my Golf. just a start for now, but it will be hell when I get to the front

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
coming, when I have it all done. its still gonna take a day or two more to get it all done. not a fast job...

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
I installed my Evolution skid plate. I am a little hesitant about saying this as all that I have read about the plate are possitive, but I was not all that thrilled about the fitment. When the back end got bolted up it had major deformation in it. Even before I bolted it up tight I had kind of a hard time getting the bolts to line up good.

On the real possitive side, it took less than a day for it to arrive at work after placing the order. I think I live about 200 or 300 miles from the US wharehouse though. And the rivetnuts went together real good too. I had no problems there. All in all, I am still pleased with it. I will contact Neil though and ask him about the fitment issues.