Which TDI engine to swap into a 2004 audi allroad 6spd manual?

Giantmcm

I have a 2005 B5.5 passat wagon BHW tdi with the balance shaft already deleted. I just picked up a 2004 audi allroad 6 spd manual to swap the BHW into this summer. But I am wondering if financially it would better to just sell the passat as a whole car and get a different TDI motor/ecu combo.

So which motor would be the easiest swap into the 2004 Audi Allroad...i feel like it is the BHW, but after doing reading it seens like there maybe better options.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
Good to know...thanks for sharing. ;)

Shipping a car is definitely not an option. ;)
To be clear I meant the powertrain swap. Top choice is a factory car but with the 25 year import rule, you`ll have to wait a bit... :D

AVF doesn`t have any of BSM problems and has less emissions related components. Plug and play otherwise like the BHW

Giantmcm

To be clear I meant the powertrain swap. Top choice is a factory car but with the 25 year import rule, you`ll have to wait a bit... :D
AVF doesn`t have any of BSM problems and has less emissions related components. Plug and play otherwise like the BHW
Thanks for the clarity...something to consider in the long run.

radmatty

TDI
2005 Passat
This is a swap that I'm interested in too. BHW into an Audi Allroad, I mean.

Just how to plug-n-play is such a project?

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
I've got the AVF 01e swap in my Passat from an Audi Quattro from Europe. Pretty sweet and parts are not an issue. Can use the same timing belts and cams as the BHW and all filters etc are the same as the BHW.

Giantmcm

Hey Radmatty,

I did a bit of messaging with another here on the forums who has done a few swaps. He said it is literally plug and play when it comes to motor to transmission (US version trans) bolt together. The inly real modifications is the repinning of the ecu, which he shared an excel file with me (positive i can share it with you, i can ask if you like). The cross member/engine mount options, and then making a single exhaust go to a dual exhaust. All in all pretty straight forward. I plan on tackling this over the summer...have to finish the current car project first.

Hope that is more inspiring. If i recall correctly, the 2002 allroad is a direct ecu plug and play, no special pinning is required.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Any of the B5 Euro TDI PD engines would be good candidates, but for cost and availability the BHW is already here. Just need to delete the BSM.