stage 5 malone custom tune need help

PHOEN1X

TDI
2006 golf tdi bew
HI everybody!

First sorry for my bad english i'll try do my best :p

I have some questions about a tune that I've just done on my volkswagon golf tdi 2006 BEW.

Before I put the stage5 custom I changed:

-vnt15 smart actuator for custom one without EGR pipe and smart actuator.

-dualmass flywheel for Corrado single mass flywheel who can handle about 300lbs of torque.

-2.5 map sensor for a 3.0 map sensor.

-make it strate pipe without muffler.

And everything else is stock part. When I went to tune it at VAG motosports I said the modification i've made and they tuned it. Since that time I'm running on a stock pipe from the turbo up to the intake manifold and they begin to leak and put me into limp mode some times.

So my questions is that I was wondering on puting a bigger intercooler like a front mount but it will make a big diference on a TDI engine? and I was wondering too if I had to put a blow off valve or something like an antilag boost systeme on it? my peak boost is aroud 35psi and maybe over.

If you think I missed something on my mecanic modification and my engine or other part is going to die if I don't do it please tell me what it is in the comment and also thank you in advence guy!:D

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
You could always contact us directly. What turbo and nozzles are you running? a VR clutch is not suitable for a heavily modified BEW.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Stage 5? is that like 400+ hp? just joking but it sounds ridiculous if its not something like DS car :)
Yes it's only for big turbos/custom builds :p 1756 minimum, not super popular on the PDs over here unfortunately but nice to see the crazy builds now and again. Normally done direct with data logging etc since they're all unique beasts.
I
As mentioned, it sounds like you bought the wrong file. Haven't heard from you but that poor turbo is not going to last very long if you're requesting way too much boost from it. Please get this resolved sooner than later so you're not shopping for parts.

Last edited:

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW
If it hasn't blown up yet, you significantly reduced bearing life anyways.

I can't imagine stock-ish fueling hardware ever needing that much air anyways. But I've seen plenty of users slap on large turbos, get them tuned to 22-24psi, and run stock pump and nozzles (on VE TDI)... just silly.