stock headlight voltage

dak503

TDI
2013 passat se
hi, i have a 2013 passat tdi. the first thing i did when i got my rosstech cable was to up my headlight voltage to 13 volts. i also installed orsam 65w bulbs. now i am installing hids. and i was told to return my voltage to stock. i dont recall if original voltage was 12.6 v or 12.8 v. TIA for any help you can give.

767wrench

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Pickup
hi, i have a 2013 passat tdi. the first thing i did when i got my rosstech cable was to up my headlight voltage to 13 volts. i also installed orsam 65w bulbs. now i am installing hids. and i was told to return my voltage to stock. i dont recall if original voltage was 12.6 v or 12.8 v. TIA for any help you can give.
May depend on the HID you are using but for my car they would not come on and stay on with the stock setup due to the low voltage and bulb saver feature. Even with mine set on maximum voltage sometimes after start with switch in auto mode they will go out and require the switch to be turned off and back on. I think cranking lowers the voltage too much for them momentarily

dak503

TDI
2013 passat se
thanks for the reply. the hids are from deAotokey. they come BOW cancelers. and set at 13v with the bulb life extender on. the bulb terminals melted to wire connector and bulb base holder. deAutokey thinks it might be a bas ballasts. so they supplied with all new hardware for the side that was damaged. but the want me to set everything back to stock. thats why im trying to find out the stock voltage.
TIA dave