Log of quarter mile times

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora ASZ 130PD, Corrado 150PD in production
shadowmaker said:
Reaction time has nothing to do with ET.
:eek: Shows how much I know about the strip lol

How come his time is so quick compared to some of the cars with over 50hp more, I know its a light car but it can't be that light?

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora ASZ 130PD, Corrado 150PD in production
devonutopia said:
Tspark's Ibiza is also as bare as the sahara desert, so is really light! :)
Just noticed you had replied after I wrote the reply above!

Think I need to lose a few pounds before I have a go then!

T. Spark

Veteran Member
TDI
Seat Ibiza TDi
devonutopia said:
Tspark's Ibiza is also as bare as the sahara desert, so is really light! :)
I wouldnt go that far, it has two seats, and a steering wheel, abit of the dash left, alot of the sound deadening left as need to heat it up to get it off.. still got the air con too ;)

Infact at last weighted in at 1100KG's without driver.

T. Spark

Veteran Member
TDI
Seat Ibiza TDi
devonutopia said:
Maybe the driver isn't 6 foot 2 and 14 stone? :D
Nope :p

However I doubt 25kg's difference is gunna make that much difference.. If you want me to run your car let me know :cool:

bencarr23 said:
it weighs at least 1000 lbs less than my car.
Yeah id imagine so, if yours in around 1,600kg's or so.

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
This thread is usefull to make those people think about it what kind of numbers they believe to have.....

Even a blind and dumb kindergarten child should see this*g*

T. Spark

Veteran Member
TDI
Seat Ibiza TDi
majesty78 said:
This thread is usefull to make those people think about it what kind of numbers they believe to have.....

Even a blind and dumb kindergarten child should see this*g*
As in some high powered motors running slower times mate? With pretty low terminals too? Your time is impressive for the power. I ran a 14.73 @ Santa Pod raceway with 165hp hitting 93mph years back in my Ibiza, I like your time with a few more hp!

vwdsmguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf black 5-spd
1/4 mile runs in '09

My Golf did 15.0-15.1 at 94 MPH with 2.5 60'. This is an average of 3 runs at 70* temp. Mods are in the sig. I quit because of wheel hop, as damage may have resulted from more runs.

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
borachris said:
:eek: Shows how much I know about the strip lol

How come his time is so quick compared to some of the cars with over 50hp more, I know its a light car but it can't be that light?
Better traction, lower 60' time? The trap speed is very indicative of HP, and it is lower than some of the slower ones with more power.

T. Spark

Veteran Member
TDI
Seat Ibiza TDi
Also point out, it does have a A.T.B. Diff, and my PB 0-60ft time is 2.0secs dead. 330ft times are usual done in just a little over 5 and a half @ 5.7 seconds, all on street legal tyres.

turbo johan

Veteran Member
T. Spark said:
Also point out, it does have a A.T.B. Diff, and my PB 0-60ft time is 2.0secs dead. 330ft times are usual done in just a little over 5 and a half @ 5.7 seconds, all on street legal tyres.
Really good 60ft time for a fwd!
I have 2.5 sec, (w/o LSD) when i can get my 60ft to 2.0 sec i would do about 12.8 ET or lower i guess :D

Johan

shadowmaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2.5TDI
turbo johan said:
I have 2.5 sec, (w/o LSD) when i can get my 60ft to 2.0 sec i would do about 12.8 ET or lower i guess :D

Johan
A 0,1s out of 60' means 0,2s out of ET. At least this is what big boys have told me.:)

My 2,4s with drag tires (no LSD) really sucks too.:mad:

T. Spark

Veteran Member
TDI
Seat Ibiza TDi
turbo johan said:

Johan
Thanks, this is why I know my times cant be any better. My 60ft and 330ft times are so low, I cant better them without more power IMHO. Even then, I doubt my 60ft time will ever be lower.

9 out of 10 runs will be sub 2.3 60ft times for me.

Interesting enough my PB was with a 1st gear launch back in 2008. Never done it again, but normally hit 2.1's now with 2nd gear launches.

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
Diesel_Benz said:
I did 18.912@71.78mph in my 1982 300D with 115RWHP.
Nice. I never went to the strip with my '78 300D, but a Gtech told me I ran 0-60 in 20 seconds. I think I might have hit the 1/4 about 5 seconds later. :D And that's in Colorado too, 5280 elevation, probably 40 or 50 RWHP.....

turbo johan

Veteran Member
shadowmaker said:
A 0,1s out of 60' means 0,2s out of ET. At least this is what big boys have told me.:)

My 2,4s with drag tires (no LSD) really sucks too.:mad:
That's what the big boys told me to, but i said 12.8 to not get to optimistic :rolleyes:

2.4s isn't bad with a van of that weight :D

Johan

shadowmaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2.5TDI
turbo johan said:
2.4s isn't bad with a van of that weight :D

Johan
I'm loosing a second to a T1 van (made really lightweight) with 10kmh less terminal speed...:mad: I need more grip. and more power...

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
No longer last one. :D
Seriously need loss some weight...from the driver that is. :D

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Interestingly there is a large gap in times between mid 14s and mid 15s. I hope to fix that next time at the track...this March...hehehe

T. Spark

Veteran Member
TDI
Seat Ibiza TDi
devonutopia said:
You should be in mid 14s at the very least with the spec I see there. :)
Im not so sure, the 60ft time is good for FWD, and his terminal is low. Id say the car is pretty heavy so all the power is being used pushing the weight. I hit 93mph with a 14.7. Id say to hit REAL mid 14's terminals of 95mph would be needed.

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
That 1/4 mile time in the sig is for the old spec. I think on the new spec it will do much better. :)

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Yeah since then, I have added a FMIC, 3-bar MAP sensor, re-tune and suspension. It goes way better now! I would love to be able to run 14s on stock BEW injectors :cool:

T. Spark

Veteran Member
TDI
Seat Ibiza TDi
Seems like all the upgrades should help then indeed! No doubt the suspension will too! When do you plan to run again?

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I am the one that suck on the list with the time, i should have hit mid 14 with my trap speed,,,,, it was the 1st time drag racing for me and got my regular tires wet in the poodle of water b4 launching (not knowing that was for the slicks,, no wonder I did not get any traction LOL,,, what a noob

Last edited: