Multiple electrical issues suddenly

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Otty, did you solve this? Mine has developed the same issue - all the CCM functions stopped at the same time. My CCM was pretty well dry, but there was accumulated water in the drivers footwell, and a crusty )but functional) ground wire.

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
Nope, never been resolved and I have not seen any water in the footwell for months now. I am just carrying on driving it like this. Still drives great!

Dag3

TDI
MK V
Mine just developed some of the same issues. I had noticed that the lights on the window switches on the drivers door would flicker at times. Then yesterday, the windows stopped working altogether. On top of that, the dome light wouldn't go out, and the door ajar symbol for the drivers door stayed on when the door was closed. So fooling around and suspecting wiring, I pulled/wiggled the boot between the body and the driver's door and it worked intermittently. Has to be broken wires in there somewhere. Looks to me like I have to pull the harness and repair some wires. Any thoughts here? I would assume a plug or two in the door, and one by the kick panel drivers side - anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Darren

ajjw0828

TDI
2005 Passat GLS (5.5.) 2.0L BHW
My car had same issue. Windows quit working, car doors would lock but then would automatically unlock. Gas lock and trunk wouldn't work. Dome light wouldn't come on. Would occasionally set off alarm randomly and would say door ajar. Slid drivers seat all the way back. Pulled cover next to hood release lever, undid the foot rest cover, and carefully pried up the trim along the floor to the left of the seat. Then folded over carpeting to get access to the harness/ CCM. CCM was dry, one pin on it had a little green dust on it probably from water migrating through wire from the rusty ground that everyone mentions. Cleaned the ground. Still didn't work. Ended up testing for power at the larger plug on the CCM harness. It had like .225 volts and if you wiggled the harness at all it would drop to .144. I then checked for continuity on ground from plug to ground at that was good. So then took off all the tape on the harness and traced the power cable down. The power cable splits eventually and it looked okay at first but I noticed a small green area. Cut off the splice cover and the wires were completely disintegrated. Cut out the bad and soldered the wires to together. Plugged the CCM back in and BOOM! Windows and everything works like a charm!!! The reason I knew to do this was I saw another post somewhere on the internet that had this problem Ended up being the same thing for me. I will try and link the post, but I couldn't find it when I looked a minute ago. I can take pictures if anyone needs them. Good luck!