2017 RockAuto XOR Adventure Sweepstakes!

RockAuto

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
N/A
RockAuto is teaming up with PowerNation TV again to give away a one-of-a-kind Jeep built by Ian Johnson, straight from the Xtreme Off Road shop! You can win this 1968 Jeepster Commando loaded with performance upgrades. Go online and enter for your chance to win today! Check out the RockAuto Promotions page here to view all current rebates and promotions as well as the giveaway entry form!

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
More terrible non tdi or diesel related posts from rock auto. Yay!

Still don't see the benefit of their spam here.

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, '96 B4V,'99 2 door Golf
I tried to buy a pair of rear B4V springs from Rock Auto - except for the fact that they wanted $300.00 for shipping.
Shame. On. You. Rock Auto........

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Shipping a pair of springs to your location starts at $11.99. Thanks.
The shipping for those springs at that time was Three Hundred Dollars. I made a purchase elsewhere, where a 'gouge' policy was not in effect....
Thanks........

RockAuto

TDI
N/A
Please share a a screenshot of the $300 shipping charges for us to review, as we are unable to find any springs that ship for $300 on our site. Thank you.
The shipping for those springs at that time was Three Hundred Dollars. I made a purchase elsewhere, where a 'gouge' policy was not in effect....
Thanks........

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Please share a a screenshot of the $300 shipping charges for us to review, as we are unable to find any springs that ship for $300 on our site. Thank you.
In 2013, that is exactly what you were charging. I called Rock Auto, thinking that there was some mistake.
I was told that the exorbitant charge was due to "overseas shipping".
What a joke...
You know the old saying: "You never get a second chance to make a good first impression".....
Bye.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
love rock auto, can find affordable parts in one place that are difficult to get elsewhere... on top of that it's a fantastic cross reference when trying to see what cars a particular part fits ... rebuilt the upgraded mercedes calipers on my vanagon using name brand parts from RA, cost me less than twenty dollars including shipping ! also rebuilt the GLI brake upgrade on my golf with quality parts for dirt cheap.... i've also found their return policy to be very liberal and shipping is reasonable although you need to watch for multiple warehouses as stacked shipping adds up ... been a satisfied customer for years... not affiliated at all, just have had good vibes from RA

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
In 2013, that is exactly what you were charging. I called Rock Auto, thinking that there was some mistake.
I was told that the exorbitant charge was due to "overseas shipping".
What a joke...
You know the old saying: "You never get a second chance to make a good first impression".....
Bye.
Talk about holding a grudge, lol from 2013.

I've only used Rock Auto a couple of times, but they had fair pricing and quick shipping.

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Talk about holding a grudge, lol from 2013.

I've only used Rock Auto a couple of times, but they had fair pricing and quick shipping.
When you need something that they have, and they choose to gouge on shipping, I think that the membership here should know about it.

Last edited:

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
No grudge. Just the facts. I'm simply recounting my experience with Rock Auto...

RockAuto

TDI
N/A
Shipping costs reflect the size and weight of the parts, your location, and current carrier rates (including discounts we receive as a high-volume shipper). Shipping is never free. Carriers must be paid for their work, and we charge customers exactly what carriers charge to deliver the package. Therefore, we do not profit on any shipping charges, so it is unclear what is meant by "gouging the customer." Thank you.
When you need something that they have, and they choose to gouge on shipping, I think that the membership here should know about it.

dmule3

TDI
2015 Passat, 2 BRM's, 1 ALH
Why has this thread turned into an argument?

The only thing that should be posted here is how I won the sweepstakes :D

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
No grudge. Just the facts. I'm simply recounting my experience with Rock Auto...
rock auto used to offer internationally sourced parts service and if the springs were coming from europe that charge would be understandable... you had to be careful when shopping to untick the multi-country box or you'd find a surprise in the shipping column ... not saying this was true in your case but something to look out for... and from what i understand RA discontinued this service due to folks not understanding they were ordering internationally ...kind of a bummer because you could get some cool parts that were hard to find stateside....

Last edited: