Where does a B3 fall into?

idleofwight

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat Wagon
I am looking for front end parts to my B4v. I follow this guy on Instagram from Europe and he has all of these parts for a B3. The body looks very similar to our B4v.
Do you think the parts are exchangeable?

moparvwfrak

TDI
02 Jetta TDI, 99 MK4 Jetta TDI (parts), 99 mk4 Jetta gasser
some are but not sure on front end. i think they can but i am not sure. i know most of the interior is, at least later model B3s, sunroof is a definite, as is most of the suspension. i have a B3 and have put some B4 stuff into it.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
No body parts below the belt line are shared between B3 and B4 and that includes upper radiator support. The hatch might work for wagon, it will fit but not sure if the lights actually fit. All glass is shared except windshield which has a different mirror mount. Sunroof is the same although they're marked B3 and B4.

Interior stuff will transfer but door cards are very different and seat belts are completely different.

It's hit or miss depending on the part you need.

Steve

idleofwight

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat Wagon
I need front end parts.

The only way to know would be to buy it and try to install it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I need front end parts.

The only way to know would be to buy it and try to install it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Below the belt line means below the line where the glass meets the body metal, so anything below where the door glass meets the door skin etc is different...all the way around the car.

The sheet metal is completely different between the two. The only structures that would be the same would be lower radiator support and front lower engine support, and that's only if the B3 has the 6 cylinder engine.

In other words, I wouldn't count on being able to use anything from the front end of a B3 on a B4. The cars really do look completely different.

Steve