Tell me what you guys think of this dsg product is it worth it?

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
IMO that $270. is crazy, if that housing and filter were price at a reasonable I would go for it. But at that $$$ no way.

vw_norm

Gone, but not forgotten.
TDI
2012 NMS TDI SEL Platinum Gray w/moonrock
Mike - you can get just the filter housing for a reasonable $90. http://www.uspmotorsports.com/DSG-Cool-Flow-Aluminum-Filter-Housing.html
As far as S/S filters go, they're hard to clean thoroughly. With pleated paper filters you can simply throw away the dirt. I picked up a filter housing last month in anticipation of doing the 40K, even though I'm at 26K+ now. It's a quality CNC piece.

30_Yr_Dsl_Veteran

banned Ric Woodruff alias account and troll
TDI
2009 Jetta
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If the VW engineers had determined such a thing was actually needed, the would have included it in their design. Since they did not, it wasn't. That settle that! :D

Like the plethora of other mods people do for no good reason. :rolleyes:

mikeymike214

Veteran Member
Belleville, NJ for now plan on moving next year.
TDI
2012 Candy White Passat TDI SEL
Mike - you can get just the filter housing for a reasonable $90. http://www.uspmotorsports.com/DSG-Cool-Flow-Aluminum-Filter-Housing.html
As far as S/S filters go, they're hard to clean thoroughly. With pleated paper filters you can simply throw away the dirt. I picked up a filter housing last month in anticipation of doing the 40K, even though I'm at 26K+ now. It's a quality CNC piece.
Hey norm thanks for chiming in! Does your dsg run any better is there an difference!?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
If you had a race car or something that might be helpful, but in a stock car I'd think airflow over that area of the trans is mostly blocked.

-J

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Totally unnecessary, with only speculative benefits.

You asked.