Cabrio driver door weather seal same as jetta?

Giberish33

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDi 1z
Found 2 mk3 cabrios at a local junk yard, does anyone know if the door rubber weather seals are the same for cabrios and jettas?

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Found 2 mk3 cabrios at a local junk yard, does anyone know if the door rubber weather seals are the same for cabrios and jettas?
Completely different, the Cabrio is hard top (no door frame around top of glass. Also, the Cabrio door is larger (more like 2dr Golf / GTI door).

A lot of the Cabrio weatherstrip is in the folding top so it's not going to be anything like the Jetta.

Sorry about that.

Steve

Giberish33

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDi 1z
Completely different, the Cabrio is hard top (no door frame around top of glass. Also, the Cabrio door is larger (more like 2dr Golf / GTI door).
A lot of the Cabrio weatherstrip is in the folding top so it's not going to be anything like the Jetta.
Sorry about that.
Steve
OK thanks Steve. What about mk4 jettas any weather seals applicable to mk3's. just trying to figure out if there is anything useful to grab while im there. I own a mk3 but there are tons of mk4s in the junk yard.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
OK thanks Steve. What about mk4 jettas any weather seals applicable to mk3's. just trying to figure out if there is anything useful to grab while im there. I own a mk3 but there are tons of mk4s in the junk yard.
Never looked at door seals between the two but I doubt it's the same. The Mk4 is completely different beast. You could take a look though, but there's not much from a Mk4 that will work on Mk3 cars.

Steve

garciapiano

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDI (1Z)
Clean, untorn door seals for mk3s are quickly becoming unobtanium. I suggest grabbing every decent one you find. The rear seals are a little shorter than the front door seals so front door seals are more useful (you can cut em down with a dremel if need be.)

That being said nothing door-related from the Cabrio will fit, given that it is a convertible and the Jetta /golf is not.

Pretty much nothing from the mk4 will fit a mk3.