Claims Review Committee

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Are you making threats because I made a joke? When I appealed mine that is exactly what happened and from reading here others have experienced the same treatment. My post was about as helpful as yours anyway. From my understanding there is no appeal after the CRC is finished with you.
HUH?

When the CRC is done, there is no more appealing!

TXdore

TDI
Dead 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan DSG
I appealed in June. Received the following from the CRC in late January.

"The Claims Review Committee has determined that the issues raised in your appeal merit a detailed explanation of your settlement eligibility or benefits. A member of the Court-appointed Settlement Class Counsel will contact you to provide further information in response to your appeal."

Two months later, still waiting by the phone. :confused:

BTW, it only took the CRC nearly 8 months to respond to my appeal.

Last edited:

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I appealed in June. Received the following from the CRC in late January.

"The Claims Review Committee has determined that the issues raised in your appeal merit a detailed explanation of your settlement eligibility or benefits. A member of the Court-appointed Settlement Class Counsel will contact you to provide further information in response to your appeal."

Two months later, still waiting by the phone. :confused:

BTW, it only took the CRC nearly 8 months to respond to my appeal.
Sounds like the expected response. 2.0 or 3.0? Have you emailed or called recently?

Silent_Bob

TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2011 Golf TDI (prior)
I was told Vehicle is not eligible - Your vehicle is not eligible to participate in the Settlement Program. Which is strange as it is a 2015 Golf TDI I bought used from a VW dealer in August. I did the appeal and just got a denied letter back with no reasoning.

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
I was told Vehicle is not eligible - Your vehicle is not eligible to participate in the Settlement Program. Which is strange as it is a 2015 Golf TDI I bought used from a VW dealer in August. I did the appeal and just got a denied letter back with no reasoning.
How long was it from the time you did an appeal submission to the Claims Review Committee (CRC) to the time you got a denial response back?

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
If you bought that car used at a VW dealer, surely it has already had the fix applied, in which case it is not eligible.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
I 99.99% positive your car was leased and dealer bought out the lease. They got the title and sold it to you without fixing it.

Unfortunately I had several cars like that and there is nothing you can do.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Has anyone had any type of communication from the CRC within the last 6 months?

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Has anyone had any type of communication from the CRC within the last 6 months?
I have. I submitted an appeal on Jan 31 2018. I received an email response back from the CRC on Feb 15 2018 that my appeal was "accepted" for consideration - no additional information was needed from me, and that I would hear back from them once a decision on my appeal was determined. I have not yet heard back from the CRC on a final decision of my appeal.

Jkhalil123

TDI
golf
i get this email foe all my claims, We write to notify you of the decision on your appeal to the Court-appointed Claims Review Committee. The Claims Review Committee is composed of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from Settlement Class Counsel, and a Court-appointed “Neutral,” who is called upon to resolve any disagreements between the Claims Review Committee’s other members, should they arise.* Under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement, determinations by the Claims Review Committee constitute final decisions that are not subject to any further appeal.*

The Claims Review Committee has carefully reviewed your appeal and determined that you are not eligible for benefits under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement. Your vehicle is considered ineligible because it is a salvage branded (total loss) vehicle and is therefore not operable or cannot be legally registered and/or driven.* The stated goal of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement is to “compensate owners or lessees of Eligible Vehicles for any harm they suffered as a result of the emissions issues and to ensure that Volkswagen’s 2.0-liter TDI vehicles do not generate excess NOx emissions.”* Because your vehicle cannot be legally driven and you are not the owner or lessee who suffered the original harm caused by the vehicle’s TDI emissions issues, your claim is not consistent with the goal of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement and is not eligible for compensation.** As such, your appeal to the Claims Review Committee is denied.* Because this vehicle has been deemed ineligible to participate in the TDI Settlement Claim Program, no new claims submitted under this VIN will be accepted.* For further information on the Settlement, including the Court-approved Settlement Agreement and Notice, please visit https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/2-0-models/.*

Silent_Bob

TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2011 Golf TDI (prior)
I 99.99% positive your car was leased and dealer bought out the lease. They got the title and sold it to you without fixing it.
Unfortunately I had several cars like that and there is nothing you can do.

Yeah you are probably right. I just wish they would give a reason for the denial.

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
I received a decision on whether the purchase of a POV 2015 Gen 3 2.0L TDI that had Phase 1 completed before a VW dealer sold it to me qualifies for Phase 2 restitution when Phase 2 fix is applied. Took 5 months to get a response back. It was denied (consistent with what others in this forum understood, but I don't think they had feedback from the CRC on this question). No explanation as to why the appeal was denied. But went through the process to verify, and it is verified.

tdiclubmember

TDI
2014 VW TDI Jetta
VW Appeal

I too submitted an appeal in May 2018 and have not heard anything back.

If anyone has heard back please respond. I'm very curious.

Thank you!

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
I too submitted an appeal in May 2018 and have not heard anything back.
If anyone has heard back please respond. I'm very curious.
Thank you!
Confused by your response. My post was just prior to yours, and after 5 months, I stated I did get a response.

halbert

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 sportwagen
As of Sept 13 (the latest Ankura report), the CRC had processed 191 of 838 unique claims. They are doing about 1.8 per week (21 in the quarter). So far, VW and Class counsel have agreed in all cases, and the independent 3rd party has not been called upon.

So it goes. At this rate (assuming no new appeals), they will finish with the appeals in about 8 more years. (!)