View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2019, 15:27   #7
jdyno718
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=So...I'm curious if you guys have seen any other 6M Passat TDIs out there (other than 2015). Seems that almost everybody sold them back to VW.[/QUOTE]

Last October I managed to pick up a 2012 SE Passat Manual with 125k miles. It too was not bought back under dieselgate and was traded into the VW dealer. I suspect that the PO wanted to keep the car but it threw a CEL and he cleared it and traded it in. I suspect this because I bought the car and drove it home, CEL popped on... It ended up needing over $6k worth of parts and labor... DPF, EGR, intercoolers, battery, lots more... Anyways the dealership had my car for over 2 weeks before they offered to put me in a 2015 manaul. I said no way as the 2012's have the faux leather, DUAL CLIMATE control, and much nicer console/interior. I worked out a deal were they paid for the parts and I did the labor... cost them a little over $3k just for parts... YIKES.

Do the other model years, '13 and '14, have these same features?

anyways the car had a new turbo put in around 85K and now all these new parts I am happy as a clam.

I previously owned a the same car but in white, this one is silverish, was debating on keeping it until someone hit me, minor repairable damage but with the windfall from insurance plus the buyout, i couldn't pass it up. SOOOO glad to be back in an "un-fixed" tdi.
jdyno718 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08429 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.13 Kb. compressed to 13.70 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.46%)]