View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:39   #25
bestmapman

TDI(s): 06 Jetta TDI

I talked to RichC last week and he said the fuel economy run would be an informal event. So here goes. I will set it up and organize it. The honor system will be used and it will be the mileage you get on the run in. Personally, I live near Cincinnati, but I am having to take a trip to Nashville on Wed. and return on Thurs. I will use that as my run. Here how it will be run.

1) Fill up before you start or at an appropriate point on the journey.
2) Fill up again when you get to Cincinnati.
3) Find me at the fest Bestmapman (Jud Engels) and I will record your numbers. If I can, I will have the sign in sheet at the registration table.
4) I will record everyones numbers and post a thread showing the results
5) Please record
___a) ODO miles start and finish.
___b) Gallons at fill.
___c) Type of vehicle
___d) Transmission
___e) Techniques used

1st and 2nd prizes

I have a 60" HP5000 plotter and I will plot out a 60"x60" full size poster of you and your ride. This is about a $200.00 value if you went to a sign shop.

Now the friendly challenge.

I have had the TDI for about 2 years. It has been my wife's car. My normal driver up to now has been a Prius. I have recently completed a Kilo (1000 mile) tank at 84.4 MPG in the Prius. Since July 30, anticipating TDIfest, I switched with my wife and I am driving the TDI. I plan to put up some pretty big numbers and use some of the same techniques I learned in the Prius in this event. I hope that some of you all at the TDIfest.

Without sounding arrogant, I plan to give all of you some stiff competition.

If you are planning to make a run, please respond here.

Last edited by bestmapman; August 23rd, 2008 at 06:42.
bestmapman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06302 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.20 Kb. compressed to 14.52 Kb. by saving 1.68 Kb. (10.37%)]