Chicago 2009 TDI Owners: Non-Biodiesel Support Group

Only1Z

TDI
2012 VW Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual
I just noticed my car seems to be liking the Delta Sonic Enhanced D2 (Citgo Premium) more than the Meijer Premium diesel. I just started the tank off but it already seems to be liking it better according to the MPG's I'm getting on the display. We'll see how this tank works out but so far it's looking good!

dikrek

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Where to find delta sonic enhanced d2?

I just noticed my car seems to be liking the Delta Sonic Enhanced D2 (Citgo Premium) more than the Meijer Premium diesel. I just started the tank off but it already seems to be liking it better according to the MPG's I'm getting on the display. We'll see how this tank works out but so far it's looking good!
Where do you find that? All the citgo I found was bio.

dikrek

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Ok according to their website:

Illinois:
18225 South Halsted St. ,Glenwood
159th & Oak Park Dr., Tinley Park
1415 Ogden Ave., Downers Grove
1812 West Jefferson St., Joliet
600 West North Ave., Elmhurst

Only1Z

TDI

Illinois:
Yes and from this thread, the Delta Sonic enhanced D2 diesel is the same as the Westmont Citgo station in this thread (Jimmy's service station in downtown Westmont). Not all Citgos (just like any other brand) carry the same fuel. It seems that all the Circle K stations (like Shell in a lot of the suburbs) carry straight diesel (I believe it comes from Ohio) as previously mentioned.

The car seems to really like the Delta Sonic diesel. And when it flat out says "Enhanced D2" right on the pump, it makes you feel good too since you know it's D2...lol

Feilo

TDI
2012 Golf Silver DSG
... all the Circle K stations (like Shell in a lot of the suburbs) carry straight diesel (I believe it comes from Ohio) as previously mentioned.
Sadly, not all Circle K Shell have diesel ... one close to me in Gurnee and the few that I drove into on my travels today in the near SW burbs don't ...

otb4evr

TDI
2012 Sportwagen DSG

Illinois:
I drove around the Citgo in Joliet a month, or so ago, and saw the LBS (Little Blue Sticker) on the auto pumps. I didn't pay attention to the truck pumps...

Jim

Only1Z

TDI
Sadly, not all Circle K Shell have diesel ... one close to me in Gurnee and the few that I drove into on my travels today in the near SW burbs don't ...
Sorry...I meant all the Circle K Shell stations that HAVE diesel should be of a non-bio mix.

Feilo

TDI
2012 Golf Silver DSG
Sonic Delta - Elmhurst/Pilot - Hammond, IN

Illinois:
Confirmed earlier this week Sonic Delta at 600 West North Ave., Elmhurst has "Premium Diesel", NO blue label, :D BUT is $3.99 a gallon :( ...

Also drove by the Pilot on Indianaplois Boulevard in Highland, IN (just south of I80/94) and it had "Diesel #2" on its price board @ $3.55 - will check this out next time I go by there (I'm down there a lot for work, hence the TDI :))

Last edited:

Only1Z

TDI
Confirmed earlier this week Sonic Delta at 600 West North Ave., Elmhurst has "Premium Diesel", NO blue label, :D BUT is $3.99 a gallon :( ...

Also drove by the Pilot on Indianaplois Boulevard in Highland, IN (just south of I80/94) and it had "Diesel #2" on its price board @ $3.55 - will check this out next time I go by there (I'm down there a lot for work, hence the TDI :))
I paid $3.69 at Delta Sonic in Downers Grove last weekend. Just for comparison...

Feilo

TDI
2012 Golf Silver DSG
Philips 66 Bolingbrook

I paid $3.69 at Delta Sonic in Downers Grove last weekend. Just for comparison...
Good to know, thanks - I'll take a detour onto Ogden some day to check them out.

Also (and this may be a repost) Philips 66 on 53 and I55 in Bolingbrook has "Premium Diesel" displayed and lots of trucks lined up to fuel - many pumps but I didn't see any car lanes/pumps, only truck lanes.

TDiNatural

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium 6mt
First Post....and less than 2 weeks in the TDI.

Just paid 3.69 at the Delta Sonic in Downers Grove as well on 7/19.

When putting D2 into your auto do you use an additve as well?

cmeller

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet
The Shell on Peterson (just east of Butterfield) in Libertyville still does not have any stickers on their diesel pumps. This is where I fill up 90% of the time.. I assume it's Bio but it I can't worry about it too much as I have had no issues with the fuel.

TDI
2011 Black Golf TDI 4-door DSG 127,000 miles
I was getting low on petro in southeast WI, stopped in Genoa City, just nw of Richmond, IL. The BP on Elizabeth Lane, Genoa City advertised 'No Biodiesel here'. The receipt didn't indicate 'D2' like it does on the Phillips 66 in Volo, IL. We'll see how the girl performs. Paid $3.69

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Bad news. The re-opening of the Phillips 66 at Dundee and Elmhurst Rd yields us no new source. Greeted by the blue sticker. Was really hopeful as their Diesel was priced at $3.999, which seemed much higher than I've seen in the area. However, the Shell station's unbranded biodiesel (labeled not a Shell product) across the street is at the same ridiculous price according to GasBuddy.

Last edited:

Feilo

TDI
2012 Golf Silver DSG
Delta Sonic Joliet - D2

Illinois:
Fuelled up with D2 at 1812 West Jefferson St., Joliet - $3.69

Also what's Indiana's labeling laws like for diesel? Fueled at a Luke on Indianapolis Boulevard in Hammond IN just across the state line and it did not have bioblend sticker, only the ULSD one. Didn't bother to ask the attendant.

Last edited:

clem151

TDI
'09 Jetta
Fuelled up with D2 at 1812 West Jefferson St., Joliet - $3.69

Also what's Indiana's labeling laws like for diesel? Fueled at a Luke on Indianapolis Boulevard in Hammond IN just across the state line and it did not have bioblend sticker, only the ULSD one. Didn't bother to ask the attendant.
I'm not sure what Indiana's laws are, but I don't think they have created tax incentives to use B20 biodiesel like Illinois. In my travels outside of Illinois, it is very rare to find biodiesel.

TDiNatural

TDI
Has anyone ever bought BioDiesel from Feece Pil company in Batavia? I was thinking of picking a few gallons up to mix in with the D2.

Filled Up last night at the Meijers on 59 in Aurora, I spoke with the manager on duty and he advised no Bio and it was D2. Also, nice when they have the diesel glove for us to use.

3.95/gal

First time putting in Meijers fuel, we shall see how it goes.

Rajpatel1969

TDI
2012 tdi passat sel
Over the last several fillps averaging 40 (hand calculated), not mfi using meijers in blooming dale. Mostly suburban driving. Spoke to the delivery guy when filling up and he stated the it's straigt diesel and they use scheffers winterizier additive to the underground tanks during the winter. Price is also about .20 lower than my shell at lake and medinah which is b5.

TDiNatural

TDI
Over the fist 2303 miles on the car and averaging 41.9. 60/40 split between hwy and city.

Just filled up yesterday at the Meijer on 59 in Aurora. $4.09 a gallon. Spoke with the Manager on duty and he confimed it as D2 no bio.

Only1Z

TDI
Getting 2 to 2.5 MPG better over two tanks of Delta Sonic vs. Meijer. I will be sticking with the Delta Sonic (Citgo Premium) for now. It's also cheaper in Downers Grove than most stations (paid $3.95 on Friday).

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

GibMir1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta w/DSG Grenade
@ Natural:

The bio from Feece Oil is 99.999% bio - if you buy it from the tank on the inside of the building. Go into the office and tell them you want to buy the bio, they will direct you what to do. Real friendly and easy to work with.
If you use the pumps on the islands, the blue sticker is there - so you are probably looking @ b11.

averagejoe24

TDI
2011 Golf (manual)
Gas Stations

New member here, but wanted to let you all know that the Delta
Sonic in Downers Grove, IL 1415 Ogden had D2 for $4.19 yesterday and the Road Ranger in Lombard, IL on Roosevelt RD offers both Bio-Diesel
Yellow backgroud B6-B20, clearly marked with the bio-disel disclaimer)
and Diesel (north pumps, clearly marked and identified as ULSD) The
diesel is B5 or less according to the attendant I talked to. The
northern pumps (diesel) also have a Green backgroud with the ULSD
disclaimer). I've been filling my 2011 TDI GOLF @ Road Ranger since I've
had the car, about 20K miles on her. I live in Chicago IL but work
out in Lombard and those are the only 2 stations that I have been to
that offer the B5 or less fuel or D2 fuel. If it wasn't for these 2
stations I would be SOL.

Also I went to 2 Citgo, 2 shell, 2 Thorntons, 2 Mobils and 2 BP's in my
area (Niles, Schiller Park, Chicago, Des Plaines and Park Ridge) and they all have the bio-diesel disclaimer. It really is crazy hard trying to find this
fuel and I do dislike having to be so conscious of where I'm at and how
much fuel I have left. Still debating getting a new GTI since the mileage
is 21/31 but ive heard as high as 33-34 with a DSG. Don't get me wrong I love my TDI and my combined 40MPG is hard to get rid of, but
the GTI will give me a little more zip. Anyway I enjoyed reading the
blog, very very helpful. Keep up the good work.

Only1Z

TDI
Any Shell station that is a Circle K owned Shell station should be 5% or less biodiesel.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Feilo

TDI
2012 Golf Silver DSG
BP at corner of Central and Green Bay in Highland Park has no biodiesel blend sticker, only ULSD stciker ... labelled as "BP Diesel".

otb4evr

TDI
2012 Sportwagen DSG
Fuelled up with D2 at 1812 West Jefferson St., Joliet - $3.69.
1812 W. Jefferson comes up on Google as the field to the west of Jewell. There is a Citgo a couple blocks east of there on the South side of the street, but they didn't appear to have diesel. Where exactly is this station?

Jim

Feilo

TDI
2012 Golf Silver DSG
1812 W. Jefferson comes up on Google as the field to the west of Jewell. There is a Citgo a couple blocks east of there on the South side of the street, but they didn't appear to have diesel. Where exactly is this station?

Jim
Delta Sonic is right there on the (SW) corner of W Jefferson and S Larkin.