Any Kenwood in Passat owners? intragration questions

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
I presently have the rsn 315 in my 2011 JSW. I want my old Kenwood sound quality back. My concern is... Will I loose the dash navigation turn by turn or will the Kenwood navigation head units intergrade those features with the right interface?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Did you ask in the JSW folder? I'm just guessing, but you may lose this feature.

The cluster of the JSW is slightly different than the Passat.

abaron

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta Trendline+
I’m neither a JSW owner nor a Kenwood owner, however I’ve done quite a bit of research into this.

I own a 2015 Jetta and I’m planning to put a Kenwood (DDX996XR) into it (once they release it in Canada.

For your main question, it is possible to keep the turn by turn in the gauge cluster (probably). You’ll want to check out the Maestro RR by iDatalink. Their product allows you to retain those features and others from your car like steering wheel controls with select stereos.

You’ll also want to check out Enfig Car audio. They seem to have really nice dash kits plus the other adapters you’ll need (Like the amplified radio antenna, factory mic replacement, rear view camera adapter if needed). I’ve exchanged a number of emails with Christian and he’s been helpful and knowledgeable.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Did you ask in the JSW folder? I'm just guessing, but you may lose this feature.
Yes I posted there 1st with no response. I figure the Passat is close enough to compare generic feature retention.

I’m neither a JSW owner nor a Kenwood owner, however I’ve done quite a bit of research into this.

I own a 2015 Jetta and I’m planning to put a Kenwood (DDX996XR) into it (once they release it in Canada.

For your main question, it is possible to keep the turn by turn in the gauge cluster (probably). You’ll want to check out the Maestro RR by iDatalink. Their product allows you to retain those features and others from your car like steering wheel controls with select stereos.

You’ll also want to check out Enfig Car audio. They seem to have really nice dash kits plus the other adapters you’ll need (Like the amplified radio antenna, factory mic replacement, rear view camera adapter if needed). I’ve exchanged a number of emails with Christian and he’s been helpful and knowledgeable.
Thanks, let us know the ins and outs of the install. I hope your right I'll check with Maestro, Idatalink, so far all I've read is generic.