Looking for a little mk4 help in Southeast WI

carsaremytoys

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Passat wagon TDI 5MT
Hi all, I bought my 01 2-1/2 years ago. It's spent most of my ownership at a shop recommend by Kerma, while Kerma let me down as well. Shop installed the 165whp kit, well, I know the S7 turbo at least. I can see that. Stage 2 endurance clutch, DLC 764s (also, not sure). And a tune that is at the very least wrong. I also have a limited slip that has been tinkered with by the shop (un installed) I don't know if it's any good, was brand new 2 years ago.
Anywho, I'm trying to make it right and could use some help. Kerma won't help me find out what tune I have (I know at least it's wrong as I told them I deleted the EGR and the CEL came on for EGR. I have the programmer, but nothing that states what tune is on it. Before I had it at the shop the last time. It was running 22in/hg and 12lbs of boost (no tune) all the shop did was install the tune and adjust IP timing. Now I'm seeing 5in/hg (idle) and 15-16lbs of boost...
I'm also running a 3 bar maf, darkside SMIC, 2.5in TBE.
I have put a couple hundred miles on now and only EGR CEL comes on. I'll fill up this weekend, but so far my numbers aren't looking very good and I drive 90% highway.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I second the vote for Jason. He's fixed a lot of problem cars in the past. And he has a good relationship with Jeff at Rocketchip so he can get you a re-tune if needed.

carsaremytoys

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks guys, was hoping for someone I can drive the car to.

carsaremytoys

Veteran Member
TDI
Ah, I saw that as State. Thanks for clarifying. It's closer than where the car was at the shop. I'll hit him up.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I TT him. Gave some directions to look into and sans that it'll come to me. Thanks for the referral. And....honestly the guy in Madison who's been "working" on it. I've never heard of him. Heck I can't even find him on google.

carsaremytoys

Veteran Member
TDI
Jason dropped what he was doing and took care of it right there.
Number 3 injector wasn't seated. Fixed my mis routed coolant hoses after I deleted the EGR as well as confirmed my IP was timed correctly. And confirmed that I again have no tune on the car or a tune on the kerma programmer that I have.
All I need now is a tune! And then maybe I can justify having the wave Trac installed...
Thanks again to Jason, and you guys that referred him!

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
That's what I love about TDIclub. Very few car forums are this helpful AND knowledgeable. Glad you got your issues taken care of, OP.

Jason, I didn't realize your shop is so close to me (now that we've moved to WI), but I'm very glad to hear it :) Count on some new business in the near future ;)

Burgan

TDI
2003 Golf TDI GL
I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread browsing the forum. Good to know I'm just a few miles away from someone that know these TDIs.