Interesting development for upgrades

JoeTDIguy

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI -Black on Black
There is a thread going on over at the vortex that some of you may be interested in checking out!
INSIDE INFO
This guy is offering to cut out the middle man on OEM HIDS and Climatronic....

So how long do we give it untill VOA shuts this down.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
naw, the url is good, its the info in the thread that seems bogus. Sounds fishy to me.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
it'll be interesting to see if the guy can pull this off.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Good work, Detective Kennedy.
That deal seemed odd from the beginning. I guess it will all settle out within a few weeks and this may turn out to be one of the biggest scams yet @ Vortex. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

gern_blanston

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, '03, Silver
Yeah, I was watching that thread last night, and something's not right. The guy has no idea what's involved in the auto-levelling system, and no sane person who had a limited number of OEM HID packages would sell 'em for just $430. (Unless he needed to unload 'em in 3 hours)

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Yeah, saw that thread. I dunno about this. It seems something not right.

Alot of people on that forum are gullible, and naive. I don't need HID's to impress anybody.

tadc

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf GLS TDI, '01, Black
Don't they drive on the wrong side of the road in Australia? Wouldn't that mean that Aussie lenses would be backward and blind oncoming drivers?

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
LOL. Good point. You might as well buy HID's from the UK. They will serve you just as well.

Chris, didn't you run into this problem already?? Does anyone know if they infact drive on the opposite side?

anyone?

L

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Yes, UK, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, and probably some other obscure countries drive on the left. I would not purchase headlights from someone in these places, just to be safe.

But I also wouldn't buy HID's - I don't consider them a safety upgrade like the incandescent ecodes are. Just my opinion.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Oh my word, the soap opera unfolding on this "HID buy" on vortex needs to be nomidated for a day time Emmy. LOL

It just got locked up. I was waiting for that. What a mess. Oh thank god we just fight about oil here and don't have to deal with that crap.

Kennedy

Veteran Member
Ha...
I WIN! NO HID buy as I suspected and documented. I should feel bad for beating up a little kid but I don't...

If you've got an afternoon to waste, do a search on the VWVortex by creator: ducelectronics.
Read the long HID posts... quite a drama.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Nice Job Chris. Way to hang in there! Yes, I admit it, I'm a "Kennedy lover" /images/graemlins/wink.gif

L

vwsandman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 01' Blue lagoon
Sounds to me like he did get all the parts he said he was going to get though....And somehow all of the negative stuff in the locked thread caused the deal to go south...Here is the latest on this...has some pics now....Not that I care one way or the other....intresting though.... web page

vwsandman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 01' Blue lagoon
Your right, just the pics of those two Golf headlights....I read all of your post that exposed him, saw how he was banned from Ebay....just the way he writes and talks in his posts is enough to convince me he is a punk....I doubt any "Engineers" talk that way who are professionals...None that I know any way. If they do, it is a sad time that we live in....so many unanswered questions. And what is this big "surprise" that we are all supposed to wait to find out about? That it is all a scam? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MilenP

Veteran Member
Yep, It was and I guess still is a big deal post. So far nobody has gotten their HIDs yet. Now, most of the people who send money are sayng they're happy they went in this deal.
Only time will show.
In the meantime, I guess the best deal out there for real HIDs is by Mike Z. Current offer as part of GB is $1138 shipped.
I'll be waiting for them to come a bit lower /images/graemlins/wink.gif.
Millen

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Well, his last thread was locked up and he hasn't posted in a day. Seems like it died real quickly. Ppl are not even asking what's up... at least yet.

Kennedy

Veteran Member
Yes they are asking questions...
I've posted in 3 different "Where's Duc" threads... the mods are blackholing them. I asked the mods why, no response.
I have no idea what's going on.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
hillarious... Pure unabashed amusement. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dieselgus

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Variant Black/Black
Poor Bastards.... I am so glad that over here in TDI country, things are a more mature (IE.... Which wheels.. blah blah...) Ugh. Anyways.... the thing about the auto levelling did get me curious.... I was wondering if the CAN bus on the 04's support items like the auto levelling HID's (not that I'm getting any soon). I dunno... I hope things sorta work out over there in the Vortex... Kudos to Kennedy for calling a spade a spade, so to speak.

Gus

Kennedy

Veteran Member
Just need to get ahold of someone with some 03 HIDs, and need to find a wiring diagram. It would not suprise me if that was the case. They did the same thing with the radios in 02...
- Radios prior to 02 used K-line to perform data diagnostics, then thet switched to Can-Bus.
- Prior to 03, HIDs used K-line to perform diagnostics... see where I'm going.

By doing so, hardware can be shared accrose the entire VAG platform, or anything using the CAN protocol.

dieselgus

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Variant Black/Black
that's kind of what I thought then.... interesting. There is that sort of progression "underneath the skin" of these cars. The chassis stays the same, as the systems get smarter. GM and Dodge are doing the same thing. You can take the trip computer from an Escalade, and drop it into any Class2 equipped 2003 and newer GM Fullsize truck. Put power, ground, illumination, and 2 Data wires to it, the BCM auto detects the new hardware when thy is turned on, initializes it automatically, and you are done. Yay.... Technology!

Gus

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
that's real sad he wasted the time of SO many people.

MilenP

Veteran Member
Thank God I never believed in that deal.
I ordered my HIDs from a guy in Germany. They are on the way /images/graemlins/cool.gif and I am veeeeery happy /images/graemlins/grin.gif.