View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2003, 15:14   #8
Randy_Graves

Default AirBag warning light stays on

I talked with our local dealer yesterday. They said it would be $75 to hook up the OBD and diagnose the cause of the Airbag warning light.

Any repairs would be additional. If I was to do the work myself, it would be $75 for a diagnose and another $75 to reset the error once I have made the repairs.

We have 3 newer VW's in the family. 1 purchased from this dealer, one from another dealer, and 1 purchased used. This dealer has done the warranty work on all 3. If at all possible, I would like to avoid dealing with them with anything that involves writing a check.

From reading posts on the Internet it looks like airbag warning light issues are a common problem with 2000/2001 VW's. It also looks like a fairly simple system to diagnose and troubleshoot.

I am concerned that if airbag problems are re-occuring or common for our 2000 NB and 2000 Golf, that my need for the dealer to service this system could be re-occuring. And in the long run I might be better off to pay the price to replace the Airbag Controller and diagnose/troubleshoot it myself.

I've placed an order for the Ross VAG-Com package. And waiting for delivery of a Benley Manual. We typically keep our cars for a long time and have made a mental decision to run VW's among the family. It is getting harder with newer cars, but the goal is to service our own vehicles as much as possible.

Advise is much appreciated!
Thank you
Randy_Graves is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06359 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.10 Kb. compressed to 13.67 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.48%)]