Passat 3B/3BG Automatic (remote) opening of the boot

vicius_the_one

TDI
Passat 3b6
NO, it was my mistake, but no. On of my mates got some new struts for his Passat wagon(02) and i was wrong. I didn't remember correctly. The new struts are indeed more powerful than the old ones but they can release their full power after the trunk is manully lifted about 15 cm. They have a great power so the trunk rises very quickly so it stops to its full opening with some ugly noise(bang!!!). So the new strus won't provide also a smooth open, they are just strong and push the trunk very powerful and quickly.

PS : We could also try to change the angle of struts so they could release their power more powerful. In the actual moment the struts are pushing the trunk in an angle that won't let them to release their full power instantly(after opening lid). So we could make some ball pins longer than OEM 1J6 827 439 A (ball pins of struts) :
This is the ideea :

but to replace the lower ball pins, not upper

So this is what i wanna try :

Last edited:

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
The use of one switch is fine. It's the present requirement, each and every time, to use another switch before using the lift gate switch that I find annoying.

Well, maybe not all that annoying, as I still haven't done the investigative work (as Madelgado outlined) to see if I can make the change to mine.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Lug_Nut said:
The use of one switch is fine. It's the present requirement, each and every time, to use another switch before using the lift gate switch that I find annoying.

Well, maybe not all that annoying, as I still haven't done the investigative work (as Madelgado outlined) to see if I can make the change to mine.
Sorry, run that by me again? You mean it is annoying that you first have to hit the switch on either the drivers door or the remote, then again on the hatch itself? Yeah, I agree. It should just be unlocked when the car is unlocked, so you only have to hit the one on the hatch itself. I'm sure that can be done. I'll look into that...

Patryk

TDI
Passat avb 2004
Ok, it works ;)
Trunk pops when I open via FOB or from inside - via trunk button.
Hi. My ccm in my Passat B5.5 2004 is 1C0 959 799 B . Originally my trunk door always pops out only after pressing the trunk door latch. So I changed values in 04361,2,3 from 67 to 66 and now the trunk door pops out after pressing fob button or the drivers door button. And is great as I did self rising trunk door and now I can operate it from remote fob.
But after I changed the ccm codding, my trunk door latch is inactive when the car is unlocked. And this is bit annoying as every time when the car is unlocked and I need get in to the boot I have to press the drivers door switch or the fob button :( as the boot stays locked all the time. Not like before- just simply press the trunk door latch to get into the boot.
Now the latch is only active if I don't shut properly the trunk door-so I can press the latch, open and shut the door again. But after the door are closed properly, the latch is stop working.
Of course I tried rotate the trunk door key barrel in to other position but without any result, where before I could choose: one position, the rear latch is active after unlocking the car, and in another position is always inactive.
Anybody have Idea how to keep in the same time the pop out via remote and active trunk latch when car unlocked? Or it only could be done one or other. For example in A6 C5 estate You can pop out boot from remote or from the rear latch if the car is unlocked.
Thanks.
Regards Pat.

Last edited:

VN86KEN

TDI
passat B5.5 1.9 AVF
Hello. Trunk coding works only with VDS PRO?!�� With vag commander or vag kkl works?
VDS PRO have data Jack and I can't connect to my laptop. Thanks, i wait for reply and sorry if my English is bad!

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
Hello. Trunk coding works only with VDS PRO?!�� With vag commander or vag kkl works?
VDS PRO have data Jack and I can't connect to my laptop. Thanks, i wait for reply and sorry if my English is bad!
Correct - need VDS-PRO (or, Miguel's EasyCCM program), a serial (not USB) VAG 409.1 KKL cable, and (of course) a laptop with a serial port.
Create boot media (e.g. USB flash drive) with DOS. Boot laptop into DOS. Run VDS-PRO.

VN86KEN

TDI
passat B5.5 1.9 AVF
Hello friends!
I'm back with good news [emoji4].
I bought an old Dell laptop with serial + obd 2 cable and i coded ccm to open tailgate from the remote control and the door button inside.
Now , next step is to change the dampers can lift the tailgate up. [emoji847]
Thanks to all from this forum for all informations!!!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J730F folosind Tapatalk

Last edited:

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
Hello friends!
I'm back with good news [emoji4].
I bought an old Dell laptop with serial + obd 2 cable and i coded ccm to open tailgate from the remote control and the door button inside.
Now , next step is to change the dampers can lift the tailgate up. [emoji847]
Thanks to all from this forum for all informations!!!

That's the easy part. A German company sells compression springs that install on the tailgate struts - they give it the initial lift, so that the gate struts (so long as they're in working order) can finish the job.
https://www.gb-tuning.de/go-simply-automatische-heckklappe-passat-3b-3bg-variant-schwarze-daempfer (for black struts)
or
https://www.gb-tuning.de/go-simply-automatische-heckklappe-passat-3b-3bg-variant-chromdaempfer (for chrome struts)

VN86KEN

TDI
passat B5.5 1.9 AVF
Thanks for replying. I watched your topic ( with group buy ).
I found same item in eBay but seller don't shipping to Romania.
Need to send to an friend in UK then to RO.

grabek120

TDI
Passat 2004
Ok, first, read what you have on 4361. If it is not 67, then abort. If it is 67, then write 66 on the three addresses. Test the third button. If it doesn't work, restore 67 (also on the three addresses)

If the test fails, write down the values that you have on:

4350 --> write down the 10 values
4360 --> same
4370 --> same

So that I can compare all the config bytes with Euro models and sedan models.

Good morning, sorry to refresh the topic, but I have a problem with the module. I reprogrammed it VDS-PRO opens it with a remote control and a button on the driver's door, but unfortunately the flap button has stopped working. My Module is 1C0 959 799 A. I reprogrammed 4350 etc. 10 lower but unfortunately none of this.

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
Good morning, sorry to refresh the topic, but I have a problem with the module. I reprogrammed it VDS-PRO opens it with a remote control and a button on the driver's door, but unfortunately the flap button has stopped working. My Module is 1C0 959 799 A. I reprogrammed 4350 etc. 10 lower but unfortunately none of this.
Sounds like you mis-read the instructions. Miguel didn't say to "subtract 10" - it was "write down all 10 values (each byte), and post them for comparison."

You do have the original values written down, yes? Post them up, as well as the changes that you made, and we'll figure out what changes you actually need to make.

grabek120

TDI
Passat 2004
Sounds like you mis-read the instructions. Miguel didn't say to "subtract 10" - it was "write down all 10 values (each byte), and post them for comparison."

You do have the original values written down, yes? Post them up, as well as the changes that you made, and we'll figure out what changes you actually need to make.

at the beginning in cells 04361-3 I had 67 and then changed everywhere to 66. I throw screenshots with the original settings.

0461-3

04350 - 70

[/UR

grabek120

TDI
Passat 2004
Read this (first post.) It's my instructions on re-writing a U.S. CCM to enable 'gate via remote & door switch' and 'gate unlocked w/ rear doors.'
https://www.passatworld.com/threads...-5-wagon-u-s-tailgate-latch-operation.527842/

I read your instructions, I took your advice. But everything was set according to your scheme and the luggage button does not work simultaneously with the remote control.

memory address / old value / new value

04370 / 135 / 135

04371 / 135 / 135 - change value of bit 1 to 1

04372 / 135 / 135

04352 / 33 / 33

04353 / 33 / 33 - change value of bit 6 to 1

04354 / 33 / 33

04361 / 67 / 66
04362 / 67 / 66 - change value of bit 1 to 0

04363 / 67 / 66

04367 / 64 / 64

04368 / 64 / 64 - change value of bit 1 to 0

04369 / 64 / 64

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
04361 / 67 / 66
04362 / 67 / 66 - change value of bit 1 to 0

04363 / 67 / 66
Found your mistake. 67 (dec) = 01000011 (bin) (bit one in bold.)
New value 01000001 (bin) = 65 (dec)

Give that a try. :)

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
So, just to verify (because, now I'm a bit spun around on this):
Trunk button (on driver's door) works yes/no?
Trunk release (on tailgate) works yes/no?
Remote control trunk button works yes/no?

Can you verify that the trunk lock cylinder is in the 'normal' position (not lock/valet)?
Tailgate release pad (on the gate) isn't jammed? (They do corrode and stick sometimes. Been there with my own wagon.)

grabek120

TDI
Passat 2004
Trunk button (on driver's door) works -- yes
Trunk release (on tailgate) works ---no
Remote control trunk button works ---yes

trunk is normal position (not lock)

it is clean and there are no signs of corrosion

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
Would you mind verifying that there's ~12v available at the connector for gate release, as well as a good ground?
(I don't remember which of the two wires is which - but, one is +12v from the CCM, and the other is ground (via the trunk lock cylinder switch.) It's just a simple momentary-switched-ground input.)