GTG at Meyerhoff Auto Haus in Austin TX. May 26th 2012

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
Hey Ya'll, I've been wanting to have a GTG for a while. I wanted to shoot for April because of the nice weather, but the days just got ahead of me.

So on May 26th, we should all come down to my shop. I'm planning on providing BBQ, beverages, a band (one of my customers is in a bluegrass trio), as well as some raffle prizes, install demos, biodiesel and quality TDI mingling time.

Planning on getting things rolling around 10 and maybe we should try to be done by 4 but I don't really see myself throwing anyone out.

Hopefully it wont be too hot:rolleyes:

I'd like to have a head count at least a week out so I get enough food.

runonbeer

TDI
Already got a good little group. Looking forward to it.

I mentioned this to Marin a few weeks a go and the other day he called me and reminded me that I'm supposed to be hosting a GTG soon so I know he's excited about it :)

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
They just cleared and graded the lot next door to me. Looks like it might as well be a driving range (except all mud).
I'm too rusty now (new hip put in and I slacked off). Even a driving range may be too much at this point!:D Looking forward to the event and some of that famous brisket! ;)

runonbeer

TDI
I guess this could also be my 10 year TDIclub membership anniversary party or 10 years since I got my car. I'll have my girlfriend make a cake :)

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
2 each 03 5 speed Jetta wagons, 1 NA Isuzu P'up (a keeper)
I'm slow, but I'm slow...just now saw the thread, and have put it on my calendar. Let me know how I can help/what is needed. I'm looking forward to it, just for a chance to change the luck, since your last GTG was, um, er, painful!

runonbeer

TDI
Well I only had one appendix so at least I know I won't be recovering from that particular surgery this time.

By the way, your buddy Butch Hancock stopped by today. I put him down for an oil change, fuel filter and Panzer plate for his '10 wagon. Thanks for the referral.

bhsramz

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta; 2005 JSW; 2010 Touareg w/ Air
I will definitely put this on my calendar.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
I will plan on coming. Thanks for hosting, Robbie!

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Do wives attend these too? Up in MI we would always have a few "garage widows" attendthe GTG's. I'm wondering if there would be any lady's attending that my wife could talk to if I got too involved in any wrenching.

Looking forward to meeting some TX-tdiers :D

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My son-in-law (Critter Motor Sports) will also be there. Please let us know what we can contribute. Thanks again, Robbie!