West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 27, 2018

unpimpZauto

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, Black
I also have a 337 interior for sale (no seat belts except middle rear):
front and rear seats (cloth with red stripes)
3-spoke steering wheel (black perf leather with red stitch)
e-brake handle (black perf leather with red stitch)
shift boot (black perf leather with red stitch)

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Not to barge in on kirk, but i have a 99.5 red golf hatch.
$100? i'll check it over tonight for any rust/etc.

Doors (2-door) and hood also available.
Go ahead Eric, as I forgot to reply to Aaron, - I do not have a golf hatch anymore, sorry for the delay Aaron.

TDIJettaz

TDI
'14 JSW, '02 JW
According to Vag-com, the diesel particulate filter in my 14' JSW needs to be replaced, and note that the fans stay on long after the car has been running.

Now, the car is a CPO car so I could take it to the dealer, but at the same time, I despise dealers and avoid them as much as possible. This being said, would someone be able to help me with this problem at the GTG? If so, should I buy a replacement DPF to have on hand, or should the existing one be cleaned?

Thanks Dan

TDIJettaz

TDI
'14 JSW, '02 JW
In addition, I am in need of an extra key to my '02 Jetta wagon, so I'm hoping that I can fit in getting a tune to my '14 JSW and then go back to get the good ole' ALH back up before the key programmer leaves.

I have a blank key that needs to be cut and a FOB that needs programming.

Also, although I know other people are capable of this too, if anyone would like their windows programmed to go up and down with their FOB, let me know and I can help. :)

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Hey Kirk - is US 131 exit 101 for 14 Mile Road / M-57 still closed in the northbound direction for road construction? I know the exit is open for the southbound side when I saw you a couple of months ago.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
According to Vag-com, the diesel particulate filter in my 14' JSW needs to be replaced, and note that the fans stay on long after the car has been running.

Now, the car is a CPO car so I could take it to the dealer, but at the same time, I despise dealers and avoid them as much as possible. This being said, would someone be able to help me with this problem at the GTG? If so, should I buy a replacement DPF to have on hand, or should the existing one be cleaned?

Thanks Dan
My advice would be to let them touch it - it's all covered under your extended emissions warranty, take advantage of that.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Kirk - is US 131 exit 101 for 14 Mile Road / M-57 still closed in the northbound direction for road construction? I know the exit is open for the southbound side when I saw you a couple of months ago.
You are correct Robert. Sorry I forgot about that - if you are coming north on US 131, you'll need to exit either at exit 97 (Rockford exit, 10 Mile rd), or up to exit 104 (Cedar Springs, 17 Mile rd)

The ramp to southbound US-131 at 14 Mile rd is open when you go home.

Turbospeed

TDI
2006 Golf Automatic - 237K miles
Hi Kirk - Kevin Brubaker with the 2006 VW Golf. Please put me down for a tune. Any idea of what time the tuning will be done? I won't be able to stay for the entire day.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Hi Kirk - Kevin Brubaker with the 2006 VW Golf. Please put me down for a tune. Any idea of what time the tuning will be done? I won't be able to stay for the entire day.
Typically Jeff (of Rocketchip) will tune vehicles in the order they appear on the sign up sheet he puts out on the day of the GTG. If you want to be first in/out you'll have to be first on his list. Probably takes Jeff about one hour per vehicle to do a tune but it varies due to factors like performance mods installed or if a modification to an existing tune is requested. And let's not forget Jeff is a human - he probably wants to take a lunch break in there too. :)

As of right now there are ten names shown on post #1 wanting tunes. You'd be #11. If you are last on the sign up sheet at the GTG then Jeff won't get to you until the end of the day. If you want to be assured of getting a tune you will need to wait however long it takes before your turn comes. That's just the way it works - there are NO appointment slots such as 1:00pm, 1:30pm, etc. as it is not that simple. So on the day of the GTG it's first come, first served on Jeff's tune sign up sheet and not the order shown in post #1 of this thread.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
You are added to the list Kevin. Yes, as Robert (251) stated in post above, Jeff (Rocketchip) will have a sign up sheet there at the GTG and it's first come, first served basis.

The list I put together here is to show him the amount of intent and to help him bring supplies with him, NOT the order to get a tune.

Kirk

TDI
2003 jetta
Hey guys, when I go through the car wash or it rains my passenger side floor gets wet. I assume I have a drain clogged somewhere. If anyone has a snake tool or some such trickery to help me out I would appreciate an assist on this little problem.

Cant’t wait to see all you great folks again next weekend!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Hey guys, when I go through the car wash or it rains my passenger side floor gets wet. I assume I have a drain clogged somewhere. If anyone has a snake tool or some such trickery to help me out I would appreciate an assist on this little problem.
Plastic fishing line (stiff yet flexible) is what you need to clear the sunroof drain IIRC - assuming your Jetta has a sunroof.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I have a set of four factory 17” aluminum wheels for mk4 with tires. One fair tire, the rest are marginal. Looking to get $150. Can text a photo if anyone is interested

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I have a spare plastic skidplate / belly pan which fits the 2012-2015 Passat and 2011-2015 Jetta if anyone is looking for one. VW part number #5C0825237B. It is used but in excellent condition with no cracks. If you want a picture send me a PM on here. How about $35?

HamtramckDiesel

TDI
2002 VW GOLF, 5SPD, Black
I have four OEM 15 inch 5 spoke VW wheels for sale. 125! PM if anyone is interested that is coming this weekend.

Whitewasp17

TDI
01 jetta TDI
Hey Kirk I'll be able to show up this year! Can you let Jeff know I think I need a rc2+ or if I have that already a rc3 haha it's been so long i cant even remember. But I need tunes! See ya then.

HamtramckDiesel

TDI
2002 VW GOLF, 5SPD, Black
Also, if anyone has two fenders for a black golf, rubber floor mats, VNT actuator and possibly both N18 and N75 solenoids?.

After that my 500 dollar TDi will be set.

Also looking fo any 17inch wheels available. Kirk has first dibs on the 15s I’m bringing. Car will also be on 16 inch BBS wolfsburg wheels. Interested in trades!!

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Kirk I'll be able to show up this year! Can you let Jeff know I think I need a rc2+ or if I have that already a rc3 haha it's been so long i cant even remember. But I need tunes! See ya then.
Added to the tune list.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm planning on hitting the road tomorrow morning. It's going to be a pretty good trip, in excess of 1,500 miles total. It'll be me and the dog since Jason has other obligations this weekend. Total cost to charge will be right around $30 (two cents per mile)... the tolls will be about double that.

See you all on Saturday morning!

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
YAY! Finally cleared my calendar for the weekend. I know this is last minute but I didn't know if I would be able make the trip until this morning.

Put me down for an extra key fob.

:)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm planning on hitting the road tomorrow morning. It's going to be a pretty good trip, in excess of 1,500 miles total. It'll be me and the dog since Jason has other obligations this weekend. Total cost to charge will be right around $30 (two cents per mile)... the tolls will be about double that.

See you all on Saturday morning!
I just recalculated based on weather. Looks like I'll get a 5 - 10 MPH tail wind in both directions and I'll avoid the rain. $28 worth of charging and arriving 15 minutes quicker. :cool:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Ill be leaving around 1pm or so with both of my Boys.

See everyone there! anything planned for this evening?

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Happy to hear Lawson, Brian and Aaron will be in attendance!

Weather forecast says rain showers in morning, overcast afternoon, high of 48.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
yeah, glad you all can make it in for the GTG!

NEW NEWS HERE - there will be a brand new factory ALH engine for sale at my GTG - might be the last one in existence/ on the planet!

Might be a museum piece someday!

Kirk

Last edited: