View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2018, 13:46   #73
PickleRick
Veteran Member

My single mass 240mm flyweel and clutch will hold all the power my stage 2 will put out and much much more. My issue is that when cold the kevlar disk although sprung is not smooth. Going from tennis shoes to work boots to flip flops is also fun. The pedal feel is to me the same as the stock v6 vehicles I've been scrapping. I dont tear down transmissions before install. I make sure they shift smoothly into all the gears and examine fluid for excess shavings/metals. Ive yet ro buy a runner v6 donor car. Im sure frans uses a similar method as tearing into every used tranny would be cost prohibitive. You could spend your time so much more wisely like working out or editing/making memes for i funny to feature. I do know he goes through each 6 speed tranny as those have issues. The 5 speeds seem pretty resilient and built to withstand lots of power mods. There are however drivers like my little sister that can destroy anything with a steering wheel.

I spent lots of time trying to justify a euro 5 speed. I dont hwy commute a ton. Now that sailing season is here ill commute to my boat every weekend and the hour hwy drive one way at 2700ish rpms still nets incredible mpgs. The egr delete at that rpm let's you know she's a diesel.

I was trying to decide on either swapping my BHW into a small 4x4 or convert my passat to 5 speed for a while. Any yota jeep montero or trooper i considered swapping into would also do near 3000 at 75 mph and cost/options to regear vary from vehicle to vehicle. A sedan at 75mph 2750 rpms fits my needs

Last edited by PickleRick; April 30th, 2018 at 13:54.
PickleRick is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08736 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.48 Kb. compressed to 14.72 Kb. by saving 1.76 Kb. (10.66%)]