View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2018, 05:17   #67
PickleRick
Veteran Member

Oil hammer posted a link to a good write up on adjusting these. On my 1st 5 speed conversion i pulled the shifter linkage off like a dummy then removed the shifter assembly.

Luckily for me i could still she the marks the bolt left in it so i could put it back together close but obviously not perfect. I guess i got lucky as i have not had any issues shifting gears.

Did my first hwy road trip with her yesterday. Speed on the hwy was 65 so i set cruise at 75. This was approx 2750 rpms. The liar mpg estimator (pretty close at overall mpg est) said i was getting 42mpg which is the best I've ever done in this car in the current mpg mode) was on the freeway 1hr each way. She's much louder with the egr delete. Sounds more like some of the old land cruisers i did diesel conversions on in the past rather than a "grandpa car" as my lovely gf likes to say. She drives an 07 saturn ion....how can she judge my car?

Page generated in 0.06616 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.45 Kb. compressed to 13.88 Kb. by saving 1.57 Kb. (10.18%)]