Replacement rear coil spring suggestions please

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
I have an 06 jetta sedan with 400,000 miles. The rear springs on mine are sagging and riding low. I often ride with a car full of people or I am pulling a trailer. My trailer hitch also hits the bottom of my driveway when i pull in. I'd like to affordably replace the coil springs with springs that are firmer and ideally ones that would give it a 1/2" to 1" of lift. I've read that people with other models have swapped in coil springs out of tiguans, but I don't know if that will work with my year and make.

I'm looking for the most affordable way to fix this. I also need new rear shocks and will be replacing those at the same time. It may be helpful to know this is an old daily driver, I'm not looking to fix up a show car.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I appreciate it.

Crdouger

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
I got good results using air bags inside the rear springs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047DTDH2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These worked fine in my 09 JSW, and in my 2017 GSW.

the shocks are a separate issue, as long as your metal springs are not broken. (they are know to have the end break off, which would give you some sagging)

If they are,

https://www.idparts.com/rear-springs-pair-a5-jetta-p-4363.html

you also can contact them and I bet they have a few suggestions if you really want stronger springs.

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
Thanks mike. I took your advice and called idparts. They recommended using sportwagon springs for the '09-'14 Jettas. Anybody have experience with those?

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Thanks mike. I took your advice and called idparts. They recommended using sportwagon springs for the '09-'14 Jettas. Anybody have experience with those?
That's what I did on my '06 Jetta when I installed towing springs on my Sportwagen. The sportwagen coils are a little stiffer than the originals, and have probably 1/2" lift, maybe a bit more. I like them!