Midlands Biofuels

wikki

TDI
2010 Jetta
I saw an old thread going around about these guys but it just seemed to die off. Has anyone purchased any fuel from them?

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
I think that the station near 321 on fish hatchery road still sells bioD. B20, I think. I have not been there in a long time, but when I wanted to run B5, I think I had to fill part B20, the rest D2.

I try to buy 5 gallons of B100 at a time, then add about 24 -28 ounces each tank full of D2, for lubricity. This is only B1.25 to B1.75 but is enough to see big gains in lubricity.

The "spicer" study showed how good B2 was. A university study showed that even B1 was very good.

I keep an orange painted wide mouth oil bottle (mobile 1) in a bucket in the trunk with my B100 in it. I just add the whole bottle before each fill up.

mopower

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW
I went by the station on fish hatchery a couple months ago and they had nothing with BIO anymore. Just highway and off highway.

The Spinx on decker still rings up as biodeisel, but that is reported to be B5 or less. I am not sure if the Spinx on #1 has anything.

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
... The Spinx on decker still rings up as biodeisel, but that is reported to be B5 or less. I am not sure if the Spinx on #1 has anything.
I contacted Spinx Corporate several months ago and asked them about the station on Decker and they said that the fuel sold there does not contain any biodiesel. The Decker pumps do not indicate bio content. I asked because the Spinx stations in the upstate supposedly sell bio. :confused:

Last edited: