GTiTDi
TDIClub Enthusiast
Macht Schnell! Vendor
w/Business number

Location: 3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachusetts
Default Fox TDI hurdles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl_Addict View Post
curious if a ahu a3 tdi and trans can be swapped into a 90 fox wagon? i have a full 98 donor car but realize the fox is a longitudinal setup and the jetta is transverse. I saw a few threads but people seem to be trying it with diesels that are already longitudinal.
I helped a coworker of mine do an A3 ABA swap into a Fox, and there are definitely some hurdles but as it has a counterflow head at least you won't have to modify the hood. One thing you will definitely need to do is figure out if the accessory drive would clear the radiator, IIRC the stock set up does not fit. IIRC I don't think there is clearance for the serpentine drive. Also the stock oil filter stand will not clear the Fox clutch cable bracket, We used one from a B5 1.8T (AEB engine).

All in all anything can be done, just depends on how much work you want to do and how much money you have to play with!
GTiTDi is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05662 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.66 Kb. compressed to 15.03 Kb. by saving 1.63 Kb. (9.76%)]