Interest in attending Sturgeon Bay, WI TDIFest

Level of interest in attending Sturgeon Bay, WI TDIFest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Never been to Sturgeon Bay. My TDI has only been to 3 states. Currently this would cost me only about $52 in fuel round trip.

These are all good excuses.

So played around with my favorite mapping program and drafted a 76 mile scenic drive around the peninsula, imagining my TDI romping around it with a bunch of others.

Because that's the sort of frivoulous excercises I like to noodle with....

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Never been to Sturgeon Bay. My TDI has only been to 3 states. Currently this would cost me only about $52 in fuel round trip.

These are all good excuses.

So played around with my favorite mapping program and drafted a 76 mile scenic drive around the peninsula, imagining my TDI romping around it with a bunch of others.

Because that's the sort of frivoulous excercises I like to noodle with....
Nothing wrong with putting together some nice drives! :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Proposed dates would be Labor Day weekend, so Friday, September 2nd through Sunday, September 4th.

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Proposed dates would be Labor Day weekend, so Friday, September 2nd through Sunday, September 4th.
Ok, thanks. If this thing happens, I'm going to try and make it. I just wanted to highlight it on my office calendar so I can keep an eye on the dates.

Labor Day weekend would be perfect.

I'll try to pay attention to the progress.:D

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Put Matt and I in the "just maybe" pile. We have two weddings to attend 4 weeks apart in July and August (both back east one in MI, one in OH) and the second wedding of those two is the weekend of Aug 20. Plus, my parents are coming to Tahoe for a week in July immediately before the first wedding for vacation.

Simply put. Parents here July 15-22, Matt's friend's wedding July 23 (Michigan), My friend's wedding Aug 20 (Ohio).

Depending on how busy we are with the shop dictates whether or not we can afford all the time off. Each of us want to attend one wedding, but don't think we can afford for both of us to go back east both times AND fest.

Too many things to work out to definitely say yes. Considering the fact that 1. there hasn't been a fest or 2. we haven't attended since Maine #1, I know we'd love to be there. Stay tuned.

It would be a trip of 2,250 miles. 33 hours straight through. That's nothing. We did 48 hours straight through to my parent's house in Ohio while towing a camper from California. If we did no camper, that's way doable in a single shot.

Last edited:

AK islandr

TDI
Silver 03 GLS 5 spd wagon
Gotta see what the island ferry schedule is that time of year. 3,000 miles one-way via the states (lower fuel cost) than touring thru Canada. A maybe from here.

WolfsburgGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
MK VI Golf TDI
577 miles for me. Got some family in Milwaukee that I could probably stay with and stay one night in a hotel up there. Would be interested to see if I would be able to make it there on one tank. Most I have gotten so far is 550 I think.

Count me in. :)

LindaRuth

TDI
2004 VW Jetta
640 miles. I haven't seen a date? I hope fall as I lived in Northbrook, IL in my youth and have relatives in WI and it was miserably hot in the summer. Also with 14 horses, 3 little goats, 3 dogs and 2 cats I need time to plan.

LindaRuth

TDI
2004 VW Jetta
Darn! Remove me from the very interested list. I remembered my oldest daughter is getting married in Bellveu, WA on the 8th and we will be flying to Seattle on the 4th. Oh well hopefully 2017,

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Nevermind I see below it is Oct. 4-6.
The dates are traditionally Friday - Sunday of Labor Day Weekend, which is September 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. This event is not happening in October.

MrShip

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI DSG
Only 810 miles each way, sounds like a fun trip to me! Just need to start saving early...

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Contracts are being drawn up right now. Looking good so far, and we should have an official announcement at the end of the month. :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'd also like to direct everyone's attention to the poll at the beginning of this thread. If you haven't voted, please check your schedule and mark your preference. Keep in mind that you cannot change your vote once you submit it, so pick the most realistic option for your situation and level of interest. :)

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Count me in that a nice cool drive from pewaukee WI. Just update me on the dates. I see below are the old ones.
Labor day weekend. So Sept 2nd through the 4th if I'm not mistaken.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
You can add in a dozen or so of my clients who are not on here that will come.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Google maps says about 1500-1600 miles, depending on route. Tempting, but that's a long two day drive, and I'm supposed to be out in CA around that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.