View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2019, 18:22   #5
jackbombay
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A4 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 57/43/32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWTDI09 View Post
My car has auto start/stop and I was surprised that I do not find it nearly as annoying as I expected it to be. The only time I turn it off is in the summer when it is over 110 degrees (F) and I want the A/C on constantly. I know how to permanently disable it, but I haven't done it. i don't see the need. It is just not an issue.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. You are right, we do get annoyed far too easily. We seem to live in a culture of umbrage.
I had a rental car a few months back with start stop, I was driving in some truly horrendous traffic, it was pretty nice to not sit there idling at a stand still, lift my foot off the brake and it started up before I got my foot to the gas pedal. A few years back I also had a manual trans rental car with start stop, when you put the car in neutral and took your foot off the clutch the engine shut off, as soon as you began depressing the clutch the engine started and was always running well before you had 1st gear engaged, I had no traffic to deal with with that car, but it was still pretty nice.

Hp vs. TQ
jackbombay is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06325 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.28 Kb. compressed to 14.66 Kb. by saving 1.61 Kb. (9.92%)]