View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2017, 12:00   #22
benIV
Veteran Member

I'm always worried about that. I plan to try to find a resource like tdiclub for the beetle restoration and/or find some local or somewhat local guru. I'll be using your thread too. I'm really interested to see what you end up doing.

That being said, here is a list of things I need to do with my Jetta, Orville:

1. Water damage/leak in driver's side cabin area. The carpet is fairly wet after it rains so I'll be ripping up the carpet and cleaning it out.

1.a. I'm going to tear out the entire interior trim, clean it up and replace it. In this replacement time I'm thinking of reupholstering the seats or getting leather seats. I'm not sure what my options are. More research on the forums are needed.

2. I'm still running the original everything. I am going to replace/upgrade the suspension; from the shocks/struts/springs to the cabs and tie rod ends and cv boots and what not.

3. I'm worried about some noises I'm hearing/feeling. I'm worried the DMF is about to go out. I also feel like the turbo is dying. I'm preparing for a clutch/dmf replacement and a turbo replacement. All this will include other maintenance and upgrades that will be easier to do during the process of removing/replacing some of these other things. I'm thinking; IM cleaning, maybe egr delete, etc.

4. Headliner needs to be refurbished. Maybe a time for some fun cloth or some other neat idea instead of cloth?

5. I've got a ton of chips and nicks and have ordered the color doctor thing to try to fix it and make it look better. There are several chips that were fixed with a small thing of paint the dealer actually gave me. He said he just finished some bodywork on a 2003 platinum gray jetta and had some leftover paint. Needless to say, it is bluish and is obviously not the same color. It's easily noticeable.

6. I am tired of refurbishing the plastic headlights every six months after they become super dingy and blurry. I am thinking of trying to find a glass lens cover for the ones I have or replacing them. I saw the Hella ones on idparts, and they're not a terribly high price. I still have to do some more research as I've never considered buying other headlights. Euroswitch add too.

7. New wheels so i can refinish the steelies. idk if i want vw alloys or some aftermarket wheel. If I get to this poitn and have money leftover, i might just get something cheap.

Pictures and what not to come.
OCD TDICLUB MEMBER #6 - 2003 TDI Mafia Member
Orville, 2003 Jetta 5m Sedan, Platinum Gray
Wilbur (Knurren), 2003 Jetta 5m Wagon (Golf Variant), Reflex Silver

1974 Super Beetle Conv
1986 Mercedes 560 SL
1956 Chevy Truck - Hot Rod

Last edited by benIV; June 12th, 2017 at 12:04.
benIV is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06480 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 17.67 Kb. compressed to 15.91 Kb. by saving 1.76 Kb. (9.95%)]