View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:02   #54
manual_tranny
Smyth Performance- Intern

Fuel Economy: Is just one piece of the puzzle that is our bottomless appetite for oil. Cars donít have to be consumable. Instead of throwing them away, we can rebuild them, better. We have the technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
Utah 2001: Salt Lake City had an SCCA autocross as an optional event. ONE fest attendee participated.
Michigan 2002: Grattan was used in the Michigan fest as an optional event. THREE fest attendees went.
Toronto 2003: Mosport was used at the Toronto fest as an optional event. TWO fest attendees went.

These were events set-up, run, AND INSURED by others. There is no way that a group like TDIClub could afford the financial cost of even a half day event.
There's a reason why the 2004 Boston fest organizers chose to NOT have a driving competition event, and that was historically low turnout at prior events.
How many members had highly modified cars in 2001-2003?

How much has the tdiclub fest grown since then?

I am not in favor of having the club organize and pay for something that only 1-3 members participate in. I realize your are being practical here, but when I've attended autocross it's typically $10-$20 to race around cones in a parking lot all day... not too expensive.

A track would be a luxury... but it is not necessarily out of the question. We would simply have to find a track day that has already been organized by a larger club who doesn't mind sharing. The Audi car club rents out tracks from time to time and will allow pretty much any car to get involved for a couple hundred bucks.

Last edited by manual_tranny; July 2nd, 2011 at 12:07.
manual_tranny is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06600 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 17.52 Kb. compressed to 15.71 Kb. by saving 1.81 Kb. (10.33%)]