View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2018, 08:27   #42
Flyboy777

Fuel Economy: 5.1 Litres/100 Km combined winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by showdown 42 View Post
I own a 2012 TREG TDI and will turn it in at the last time possible and will try to buy a used 2016. Here in FL people aren't braking the doors down to buy them. Like to get a low mileage Florida car.
I can't find anything I like besides the TREG.
How many miles do you have on it. I am going to be buying a used 2015 because it is a compact efficient tow package. Id be hard pressed to find another relatively compact heavy hauler that can get great fuel economy and is not a massive pickup truck and is still nice to drive.
I am particularly concerned about issues surrounding the camshaft drive chains and these DPF equipped vehicles frying their oil during regens in stop and go traffic. I have NO Issues with my 2 litre Passat tdi but I drive 150 miles at a shot all highway driving. the 3 litre is a much more complex and expensive engine. So have some concerns surrounding driving a Touareg in short haul grocery shopping scenario. If you want an interesting read check out the issues on Mercedes BlueTec engines here : http://www.stephensservice.com/bluet...ssuesproblems/ as far as I can tell the vw engine is quite similar but then Im not a mechanic or an automotive engineer.
Flyboy777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06373 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.68 Kb. compressed to 14.21 Kb. by saving 1.47 Kb. (9.37%)]