Flashing CEL Under Acceleration

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
My daughter said that her 2015 Golf TDI has a flashing CEL under acceleration today. The CEL isn’t on, but there’s a code stored. The code is P06C7 and it states that the #3 glow plug is incorrect. The car has 53k miles so it’s still covered under the powertrain warranty. I have to take it to the dealership next Monday because the DEF injector is leaking. It’s also making a loud buzz sound for a long time after the door is opened. It doesn’t sound like the fuel pump and the sound continues for a few minutes.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I think that codes is a generic ODB code, not a VW specific code, what are you using for reading codes? usually a VW specific code reader will give you a little more insight to the actual issue.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I think that codes is a generic ODB code, not a VW specific code, what are you using for reading codes? usually a VW specific code reader will give you a little more insight to the actual issue.
I’m using VCDS. I checked the connector and it seemed alright. I’m going to call the dealership in the morning and ask if I can bring it in sooner.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Log MVB 140 and 143

the telltale will be 18.4 ATDC for a bad glow plug pressure sensor, along with a strange cylinder torque reading.