Possible Victoria meet April ??

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
11am should work good - just give me somewhere to put into my GPS and I'll be there. I will probably drive down from Nanaimo for some Malahat time

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
OMG I may have to go to the States on the 21/22nd now!!!!!! OMFG this is crazy, I have never made one of these meets. Nothing is confirmed on my end, so I can probably still come, but I'll keep everyone posted...

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
omg i may have to go to the states on the 21/22nd now!!!!!! Omfg this is crazy, i have never made one of these meets. Nothing is confirmed on my end, so i can probably still come, but i'll keep everyone posted...
^i had the spread covered on the line in vegas
man i knew i shoulda got my bet in earlier!!! Lol!!

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
while you were trying to get outta this, I was making plans with my brother in Nanaimo to visit him on Saturday, then cruise on Sunday. Will be a good change of location for a GTG

.:dieselboy:.

TDI
2010 Golf
Myself and another TDI friend from Abby are in.. just need an address to punch into the phone :)

*Ps. Does anyone have a MK4 tow loop from the spare tire kit kicking around they wanna sell? I'm sure I have $10 somewhere around here that I could give for it.. Tow truck driver or Kamloops dealership kept mine last summer..

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
just need an address to punch into the phone :)

So simple to get there, you won't need a GPS. From the ferry terminal, you'll be on Highway 17 which turns into Blanchard St. Just follow it all the way into town. When you get into downtown, turn left on Fort St and follow it to Cook St, then turn right and follow it to the end. You'll be on Dallas Rd at which point you turn left and follow it a couple blocks until you see Clover Point.

If you take a look at the map on page 4 of this thread, you can see the route I described.

Last edited:

bikerboyriley

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf 2 door
Alright so the plan is, meet at clover point at 11 am on sunday the 22nd. Cruise around town making our way to my chosen cafe (hopefully at this time it will be less busy)

See you guys there :)

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
^ Sounds good. If my chosen cafe is too busy we can figure out another locale to gather at for eats.

Everyone ok with that?

Ozium

TDI
1999.5 Jetta, 2000 Golf and 2014 Passat
Ok, lets firm this up for everyone;
It's Sunday April 22nd at 11:00am starting at Clover Point
Show and Shine for an hour?
Drive along "the map" for our cruise part.
End up at Ocean Blvd and if we are still hungry head down to The Mychosen Cafe

FYI: Mychosen Cafe is BUSY until 2:00pm on Sundays

1324 Dallas Road, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada if your GPS needs an exact address to get you super close to Clover Point.

If we agree, then I'll post this up one local websites to get more TDI'ers out.

Last edited:

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
^ gotcha. so who's bringing parts to sell and wants to give a heads up how much this is really going to cost me? ;) i am considering some coils....

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
You still want me to bring the double din?

I'll have VDS and VCDS for anyone who wants some programming done.

I have a set of MKIV motion sensors someone can have for $50. Set of MKIV wagon cross bars for $150. Euro NAVI "D" for $350. GLI Steering wheel for $75 (no airbag), full MIV .:R front end suspension (subframe, rack, lcas, knuckles, etc), EURO r springs, front VW euro (mad by bilstein) shocks and a bunch of other stuff. I'm walking on the boat though...

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
the double din would be great. you want me to stop in one night rather than hauling on the boat?

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey Chris, when you have the time please PM me a list of all the parts you have still kicking around. I may be interested in a few things now that you no longer have use for them. Any chance you still have the GLI roofliner and extras that you scooped awhile back? Anyways, there's no hurry, whenever you can.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just a few days away and it looks like we won't even have 10 cars?! That's shameful! I don't know how many times I heard "why are there never any local GTG's? I'd be there for sure if I didn't have to catch a ferry!"

WE DRIVE DIESEL CARS PEOPLE!! There's no reason not to drive to a GTG for the day! I've been to Washington and Portland for GTG's, and there's a couple coming from Washington for THIS GTG and yet all these local members can't be bothered to make the effort!! What a joke!!

bikerboyriley

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf 2 door
disappointed in the locals! But still happy we can have a little something happening!

so who is FOR SURE going?

can we get a list going so we know roughly how many people to wait for at clover point

1. bikerboyriley
2.Ed'stdi

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Here's a list of everyone that's posted that they can make it. Just need some confirmation from everyone with a (?) beside their name that they're still coming.

1. bikerboyriley
2. Ed's TDI
3. whatnxt
4. Ordinarygirl
5. topomax
6. blizzard60
7. Zedbra
8. Ozium
9. vancityflyguy (?)
10. geodug (?)
11. jurbani (?)
12 .:dieselboy:. and friend
13. mein panzer (?)
14. geodug (?)

Last edited:

2004Nick

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
thanks for letting me know Ed---wish I could make it but please keep me on your list
and have a GREAT TIME 2004 Nick in Powell River

geodug

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon TDI 6MT
Sorry guys, looks like I am stuck in town this weekend to watch a hockey game going on in Vancouver.

Seems like a tough series but have been a fan forever. Go Canucks!