Security code for factory Jetta radio

JettaTDI777

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold It
Does anyone have security codes for the factory radio? Or is it based on the serial number of the radio? I am planning on selling my factory radio but I want to make sure the buyer can install it. Any input would be appreciated.

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
The security code should be in your owners manual. If that's not available, you will have to bring the serial number to the dealer to get the code.

JettaTDI777

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold It
Well thats a bite in the rearend.....under the serial number and security code it was blank in the manual.

Tom_S

TDI
2000 Jetta GL, 2001 Jetta GLS
It's not a big deal. I recently purchased and installed a used replacement for my Premium IV radio. It came without a code. Just take the radio (or at least the serial number) to the service department at you dealer. They may also want the V.I.N. from your car. They input the radio serial number into the computer and get back the code that you need. It took about 3 minutes to get mine.

Tom

Navig8ur

TDI
2003 Jetta Alaska Green
I had to get my '03 radio reset and the salesman looked in the spare tire compartment and then wrote down a code, he then went to the radio and reset the code.....I have never looked myself in the compartment but I suggest you remove the bottom of your trunk and have a look around.

TSmith

TDI
Jetta, 2003, Silver
I just looked in my trunk and found the label that contains the radio code. It is on a small white piece of paper stuck to the painted area to the left of the spare tire. It has a long number/letter sequence starting with VW... and below that is the 4 digit radio code. Hope this helps.

JettaTDI777

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold It
I just looked in my trunk and found the label that contains the radio code. It is on a small white piece of paper stuck to the painted area to the left of the spare tire. It has a long number/letter sequence starting with VW... and below that is the 4 digit radio code. Hope this helps.
Ya know what as a matter a fact that's what I found too when I went into the trunk. Is the security code 4 digits?