Honeycomb Grille upgrade

addison_WVVW

TDI
2006 Jetta MK V
I have a shadow blue mk v Jetta, and am looking to install the GLI/GTI honeycomb grill. I was wondering if there is anyone who would not recommend this, and why not? The best option I have found is this: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Honeycomb_Grille/ES2070654/

Anyone had any problems with ecs parts? Pictures of any converts, or other recommendations will be highly appreciated. Or if anyone has a picture of just the honecomb grille, and the original "slotted" lower grille and airvents, that would be awesome. Thanks! :D:D

addison_WVVW

TDI
2006 Jetta MK V
I've done a little more research, and i want the honeycomb grille, but I don't have fog lights, and I don't want to just leave my stock air vents with that chrome strip, any suggestions on what to do about the chrome strip just on the air vents?

Basically like this minus the fog lights

ItsTricky

TDI
2006 jetta
Yea im with yall on this one, i was thinking about getting the fog light bezels that match the honey comb grill though, but anything looks better than that cheeeeeesy chrome face!!!

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I just covered mine with Carbon fiber vinyl.

I also did some interior trim, which I think came out pretty darn good.

Of course, there is also the Wolfsburg grille kit

addison_WVVW

TDI
2006 Jetta MK V
@Robert Ford: Hey I'm just curious, how does that work when your car gets wet?

@Don: Thanks for all your help Don. How is it holding up? Would I be better of going with the tape, or just plasti-dipping the whole thing?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
@Don: Thanks for all your help Don. How is it holding up? Would I be better of going with the tape, or just plasti-dipping the whole thing?
It has been on for over 1.5 years and no problems so far. Plasti-dip would probably also work. I just happened to have the blackout tape on hand (from a previous car) so I used it. Cheap and easy.

You can also remove the chrome completely (instead of covering it up), but it is more work. See this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=244727

Have Fun!

Don

Elfnmagik

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently De-Dub'd
I used blackout tape on the chrome strips over the left & Right grilles and plasti-dipped the chrome slats in the center grille around the emblem, and installed smoked sidemarkers. The only chrome left on my front is the bottom center grille thin surround, the large middle bumper section, and the emblem. I think it's a good balance (on black anyways).