Just bought a 2015 Passat TDI SEL

Rsgunther

TDI
2013 Passat
I've been debating for months. We had a 2013 Passat 2.5L Wolfsburg with 40,500 miles. I finally decided to pull the trigger and got the deal I was looking for on the trade and the new one. I used truecar and some other sites to get the best possible price.

It's blue with tan interior. Absolutely next level car compared to the gasser I just traded. It drives, handles and feels different. I look forward to many miles on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rsgunther

TDI
2013 Passat
I took a few of the basic things - but overall left most everything intact. The 2013 2.5 was a GREAT car - with absolutely 0 issues. I'm hoping we have as much success with the TDI. I hope to keep it for quite a few more miles than the 2.5. I just wanted to get the features of the SEL - and am glad we upgraded. This is our primary family / runner car. My wife is the primary driver.

She was concerned about diesel - but I took someone's advise and took her for a test drive. She absolutely loves the car and became convinced that diesel was the way to go.

Congrats! Did you take the accessories off of the 2013 to put in the 2015?

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
My wife drives ours and I drive a Tiguan. She averages 45 mpg driving back and forth on the interstate at about 75mph. Our JSW TDI averaged about 38 mpg.

Rsgunther

TDI
2013 Passat
Very cool. On the drive home from the dealer - we got 41mpg about 30% city driving on a 45 mile trip. Pretty amazing. Car had 14 miles when we left the dealer.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
if she will pump her own fuel (time to quit calling it gas. these cars really hate any regular unleaded being added, and I mean hate $$$)

get her a pack of disposable gloves. since diesel does not evaporate like gasoline does, it tends to stick around the pump handle. (and from there can get on hands and everywhere else) I just reuse bags the morning paper comes in.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I've never had issues with diesel on my hands. I turn the nozzle 180° when I pull it out so the fuel doesn't run down the handle or drip on the car.

Rsgunther

TDI
2013 Passat
As far as I know, but I don't know how to check

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
Press and hold setup until you see version info appear. Select version info and you'll see the part number and SW listed. Scroll down to maps. You'll see a four digit number there like 8112.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
that looks so much more classy than my black interior

jimbo1mcm

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM Blue 2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM's Silver and Blue
Me too. Exact same car. Traded in my wife's 05 E Class Benz CDI. She really likes the TDI. I put a beautiful set of aftermarket wheels with Dunlop Snow tires on for the winter. Still rides beautifully. I am impressed with the car and just love the sound of the diesel when it starts.

Whoops. I did it again. Bought a SEL Premium TDI for myself. Wolfsburg rules.

Last edited:

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
She was concerned about diesel - but I took someone's advise and took her for a test drive. She absolutely loves the car and became convinced that diesel was the way to go.
;)

Great news!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Me too. Exact same car. Traded in my wife's 05 E Class Benz CDI. She really likes the TDI. I put a beautiful set of aftermarket wheels with Dunlop Snow tires on for the winter. Still rides beautifully. I am impressed with the car and just love the sound of the diesel when it starts.
Congrats and welcome! :cool:

Rsgunther

TDI
2013 Passat
Thanks all. Really enjoy reading these forums.

Rsgunther

TDI
2013 Passat
A quick update - my wife has already put 500 miles on the car. It's averaging 45mpg per the trip computer on its first tank of fuel at about 50/50 city/highway. AMAZING!! We live near Greensboro NC - so it's been extremely cold too. Can't wait to see how it does once it gets some miles on it and the weather warms up. Great decision so far.

Rsgunther

TDI
2013 Passat
So really bad news - we've had the car since early January and it's been in the shop about 5 times and about 20 days. No start, electrical issues, they replaced wiring harnesses, entire radio head unit, recoded the whole car. Never could get it right. I called VW customer care on Tuesday of this week. Long story short - I am picking up a NEW 2015 TDI SEL replacement car tomorrow morning. The outgoing car had about 9600 miles on it. VW corporate and the dealer really stepped up and I only paid for the Miles that I drove the car. Hopefully no issues with the next one. If I don't have any issues, I will definitely buy another VW based on the excellent customer service.

hockeypuck

TDI
2014 Passat 6M SE
That is actually pretty good customer service.. what did they hit you with for the milage.. if you do not mind me asking. You did just by two new cars from them.. if I read it right, so they do not want to loose a loyal customer.

AAChaoshand

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
That's how things should be. I had the fuel pump replaced on mine as well as the entire navigational/entertainment center and it's a new 2015. VW dealership took care of things with no hassle. VW has better customer service than any US auto manufacturer.

ChrispyjVW

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SEL
That's how things should be. I had the fuel pump replaced on mine as well as the entire navigational/entertainment center and it's a new 2015. VW dealership took care of things with no hassle. VW has better customer service than any US auto manufacturer.

Had my RNS 510 Replaced after 3 trips and a visit by the QTM from VWoA...

Rsgunther

TDI
2013 Passat
It ended up costing me about $.25/mile which I was comfortable with and offered to pay when I called them. I could've gone a more difficult route and paid less, but the aggravation and time factor wouldn't have made it worth it.

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
As some here know, my '13 SE ate a turbo and was replaced by VoA with a '14 SE. Total cost to me was about $250.00. The '13 had 15k miles and we never discussed a per mile charge.

Customer Service? I'd say spotty. Get the right rep and you'll be golden. Get one who doesn't much care and good luck. Given my/our experience with a total of four NMS TDI's I'd purchase another in a moment. My '14 SE may well be my all time favorite.

Rsgunther

TDI
2013 Passat
1678 miles so far with no issues other than a rather slow and laggy NAV / radio system (but that's just the system). All in all - it worked out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrispyjVW

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SEL
1678 miles so far with no issues other than a rather slow and laggy NAV / radio system (but that's just the system). All in all - it worked out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its by far the WORST infotainment system to ever exist... if you are going to label a car a "premium", then put premium equipment in it..

Rsgunther

TDI
2013 Passat
We've had it almost 4 weeks now. We have about 4100 miles on it (2 big trips and some local running). It's a whole different car. Amazing car. Just got up to 59.3mpg on a highway trip for several hundred miles. Averaged 53mpg calculated by hand. Unreal!