Would you attend a West Coast fest in the SFBA?

Your take:

• Yes, it's local and I would be there no matter what

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, a day's drive but a drive in my TDI isn't a problem

• Yes, a LONG haul but worth it!

• No, I'm local but just not very interested/antisocial

• No, too far away

• Dunno, depends on local costs

• Dunno, I'm indecisive

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
I just thought I'd post a poll to see interest in a Fest in SFBA. There's a sentiment that a Fest there would be poorly attended, and this might help out in determining whether or not that's true. Thanks!

Edit: I posted another poll to get data on attendance for the last Fest in Boston. Please answer it too for comparison purposes. TDIFest 2004 attendance poll.

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
It's a bit of a haul, but I have family about halfway so I would definitely make the trip.

I'm sure we could get quite a caravan going from the BC/WA/OR contingent.

Sound like a good time. And the SFBA is a fun visit anyway....

Keli

mobe

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
I'm itching for the road trip already!

The wife and I love the SFBA. She lived there for a while after college.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
3000 mi and I have attended ALL the Fests

wren

TDI
Jetta - 01 silver GLS
Its a long haul but I'd plan a vacation around it (2 or 3 weeks). This would be my first trip to the SFBA.

Road trip! Road Trip!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
There were a number of people from the Atlantic coast that made the trip to SLC, the furthest westward yet, in 2001. How may from the Pacific coast made that reverse "Donner party" trek to Utah?
I'll arrange my vacation time around the 6th edition where-ever it is held. I'm five for five.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I'd come if I can convince my wife a vacation drive across the country is something she'd enjoy.

We've been to San Fran before so it wouldn't be our first time there.

L

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
here's M2C

put the proposal together and the we can vote on accepting it as the location.

numbers... do you think you can draw 60-120 cars from the West? make the proposal.

There are lots of people who can't take the extra time unless its a short drive away... no reason why the West can't have a successful GTG - looks like you've got 3-4 great people from the east who are committed to coming.

Question is,,, where were all the west coast people in Boston, Toronto, or Michigan?

Will i be headed there? Dunno - Labor day falls the weekend after classes start and for staff and faculty its a tough time to get away...

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
I know my wife will say no and if your wife says no, although I am not as pretty as she is, I would go with you. Then our wives could fly to SF and we could meet them at the airport.

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
I was thinking the Passat would be a nice comfortable ride...and I should have a Navi installed by then...

and I have mapped out the route already...3 days averaging 75-80 mph...

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI AUTOMATIC trans. GLS w/PLX package silver/black cloth
I'll be there with my car.
VF - Co-pilot wanted?

Other option is to make this a 7-10 day (or more) vacation as mentioned by others above. We've both been to the SFBA and wouldn't mind a vacation there again.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
A longer vacation, say over a week or so, would probably not work well for those who would be coming in from long distances if the Fest is scheduled for Labour Day as past ones have been. Most people and families have their vacation earlier in the summer.

If I were to come down to SFBA for a long weekend , I would certainly fly; driving is out of the question. If the Fest were to be scheduled, say, in early July (4th of July?), it may coincide with more people's vacation schedules and I could be convinced to take a week or two off and share a ride down.

VelvetFoot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, Yellow
With no kids to take care of, we've been taking our vactations after Labor Day because crowds are less, prices are better, and the weather (generally
) is better.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I'd honestly prefer something even later, say, mid-October, just before the clock change and the psychological distress that the "earlier" darkness causes.
But, Heck! Valentine's Day is as good as any!

DIESELprogrammer

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2003, Silver/Gray
With no kids to take care of, we've been taking our vactations after Labor Day because crowds are less, prices are better, and the weather (generally
) is better.
If I were to attend this fest over Labor Day weekend, it would be the first leg of a 2+week vacation. I already have a vacation to Southern CA planned for next year. It is planned for the end of April in part to avoid the summer crowds. It could easily be switch to the other end of summer for the same reason – I home school!

tdi_guy

TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta TDI Sport Edition
Although it would be a very long drive I think we would plan our vacation around that time and make the road trip
It would probably be a scenic round trip or something like that and take 2 weeks to do so there is no rush to be anywhere on the way there and back.

Heck, with the shortest route (according to MSN maps) being 4300km one way it would be a lengthy yet enjoyable round trip through the USA. Perhaps even a side trip to Vegas on the way? Anything is possible.

I'm in if SFBA gets accepted!

lafours1138

TDI
GLS TDI, 2004, Black
I live in the Phoenix area so the drive isn't too bad. 8-10 hours I think. Probably more like 8. I've never been to SF, but I'm dying to go. I would plan a vacation around it. The summer is the best time for me.

kenda

TDI
2002 NB TDI cyber green
<font color="green"> </font> would love to attend just need some time to plan for it

TDiMike

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI, reflex silver (sold)
Coming from Vancouver, the furthest I could see myself going is Portland. Actually I think a Fest in Portland would be really cool, as you could attract all the WA TDI group, the BC group and it wouldn't be super far for the Cali crowd.

Still, I don't know much about the Portland TDI group and if it has a strong following or shop support. I do know they can get biodiesel in 'dem parts.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.