Disable passenger seatbelt chime

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
I do not have electronic tools to mess with the cars computer so I was wondering...

Is there a way to disable the seatbelt chime for the passenger side? I'm not kidding, If I lay my cell phone (honor 8) on the seat, the fasten seatbelt sound goes off. Is there a wire I can cut somewhere under the seat? I've never seen a seat sensor so sensitive in my life.

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
I don't believe there is. Your best bet is to find someone local to you withVCDS to disable the chime for you.

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
I've heard of people twisting the seatbelt wires together, which does disable the chime, but can result in SRS/Airbag codes. Do it right, use VCDS.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah I'll just pull trigger and buy the device. 4th TDI without vcds it's about time.

abaron

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta Trendline+
I've put a bag on the seat and had it not activate, but my phone does if I put it in the right (wrong) spot.

I think the phone's electronics activates the sensor's electronics, and if you move it off the center just a bit it's fine.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
I paid over night Express for vcds from Ross because it's so annoying. I'll get it stopped today dangit! :)

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
I've put a bag on the seat and had it not activate, but my phone does if I put it in the right (wrong) spot.

I think the phone's electronics activates the sensor's electronics, and if you move it off the center just a bit it's fine.
Got vcds tool finally. Worth the cost just to disable that chime BS and that ridiculous hill hold!

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Got vcds tool finally. Worth the cost just to disable that chime BS and that ridiculous hill hold!
If you are driving a VW, you will be glad to have that tool! Iy will make diagnosing issues so much easier. ;)