Urgent clutch master cylinder leaking

srmichi

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf
Okay here is my problem I just changed the clutch master cylinder and when I go connected the lines in the engine compartment. The solid line that goes into the master cylinder keeps leaking. I took it out and notice no o-ring so I put one in and it still leaks. It's already 9 and I need the car for work tomorrow. Does it have more than one o-ring?

srmichi

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf

When I took it out from the old master cylinder I did not notice a o-ring. I put one on the first grove from the tip since the last grove is for the clip that holds it in place.

The black plastic on the end spins is that normal?

srmichi

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf
well i guess ill have to go to the parts department tomorrow morning and hope they have that line and check how that plastic thing keeps it from leaking brake fluid everywhere.

srmichi

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf
Well I'm at the part department and they don't have it so I can't check if I lost anything.

So does anyone that changed their master cultch cylinder please let me know if I'm missing something.

srmichi

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf
Thanks for the response. So there is a rubber nipple that goes in between the cylinder and the plastic part? Is there a way I can buy one ore is it part of the hose?

Victor Huge

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf TDI
I was told that the slave did not have an o-ring when I replaced it, it did, but none came in the box. I was also told that the master did not have an o-ring, this time though it came with one in the box. Say yes to O-RINGS!

Although, I must admit, the ends on mine were silver and metal, not black like yours.

srmichi

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf
I was told that the slave did not have an o-ring when I replaced it, it did, but none came in the box. I was also told that the master did not have an o-ring, this time though it came with one in the box. Say yes to O-RINGS!

Although, I must admit, the ends on mine were silver and metal, not black like yours.
well the funny thing is that the end that goes into the slave is metal with an o-ring. but the one that goes into the master is a hard plastic pieces that is sliced in four pieces toward the line and now im leaning toward the nipple since the o-ring i got at the dealer still leaks. i guess ill go down to the part department again tomorrow and figure out whats missing. just hope i don't get the cold German woman that makes me scared to ask to many questions.:eek:

Last edited: