Turbo graph - how does it seem to you?

biskazz

TDI
A4 B6 Avant
Hi guys,
I decided to make a turbo graph of my stock 1.9 AVF and there are some fluctuations in the pressure it's putting out. I don't know if and how normal it is except for the initial spike so that's why I'm asking here.
Here's the graph.

It's been recently de-catted because I plan on remapping it soon but first let's sort out if the turbo is ok. This particular graph is 4th gear from 1800rpm to almost redline.
Thanks for your replies in advance!

joetdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2-2002 Jettas W/Auto
If the car runs fine and you are not setting under boost faults I would not worry.

biskazz

TDI
A4 B6 Avant
Yep, it's running fine. I read somewhere that fluctuations like these may be because of a boost leak.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
If you go to Malone Tuning site you can upload your .csv file and harvest a prettier presentation of your data. Cause I'm not sure exactly what the parameters are, and can't interpret anyway. There are a few folks who can.
There's also this Windows application if you want to do it your own self-
Dropbox link - LogPlottingApplication.zip

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
The only strange part to me is the rise at the end. The decreasing fluctuations around the target are typical. I would do a longer run logging the data as you can make a nice graph in excel. I did a 10 second run at full throttle and eventually the boost should settle in at the specified MAP with just a little A to D ripple.

biskazz

TDI
A4 B6 Avant
I'll try to log a couple of more pulls and see what happens. Thanks for the input guys!