Just passed 170K

V-Rod

Veteran Member
TDI
2014, 06 Jetta TDI Auto
I just turned over 170,000 miles on my Jetta TDI

So far I replaced the glow plugs twice, 1 set of rear brakes, and the DMF at 150K which could have easily gone longer Other then that just routine maintance. Even the factory battery tests good!

Everything on the car still works, and the car still runs and drives like new.:D

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
Good for you!

Keep crappy drivers away from you, and you'll likely see many more miles.

My '09 had 171,600 miles on it yesterday, when a day-dreaming woman rear-ended me harder than Elton John! I was sitting at a red light!

It too was like a new car...the trip I was on was yielding 48 mpg. Car is now sitting in a wrecking yard in Conway, AR waiting to be called a total loss.

At least no one was hurt.

Be careful out there!

Tim

James & Son

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Thats a terrible think to have happen.

Anyways i can not post high miles out of a cam but I wouldn't mind Go Faster posting as he had over 400,000 kmeters last year. I know this may not be exceptional as other 300,000 mile cars do exist. But I would be interested as to how you decide what to do with a car with that many miles(kilometers). At the time of reaching the 400,000 mark he stated he needed a cam and EGR cooler and possibly other work.

170,000 miles at this stage is really not much. in 2010 that would have being something. Actually if you consider the bell curve of cam wear we are only now seeing the 200,000 plus come in. Where was the cam wear numbers peak for the BRM. Overall the BEW and the BRM should still generate a lot of cam sales in the next year.

V-Rod

Veteran Member
TDI
2014, 06 Jetta TDI Auto
Thats a terrible think to have happen.

Anyways i can not post high miles out of a cam but I wouldn't mind Go Faster posting as he had over 400,000 kmeters last year. I know this may not be exceptional as other 300,000 mile cars do exist. But I would be interested as to how you decide what to do with a car with that many miles(kilometers). At the time of reaching the 400,000 mark he stated he needed a cam and EGR cooler and possibly other work.

170,000 miles at this stage is really not much. in 2010 that would have being something. Actually if you consider the bell curve of cam wear we are only now seeing the 200,000 plus come in. Where was the cam wear numbers peak for the BRM. Overall the BEW and the BRM should still generate a lot of cam sales in the next year.
My car got a late start, I bought it new in Sept of 07. At the time it was a little tuff for me to past sticker for a 06 when the 08's were coming out. But I always planned to drive this car till it dies. As far as I am concerned the car could die today and I would have no complaints

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
My car got a late start, I bought it new in Sept of 07. At the time it was a little tuff for me to past sticker for a 06 when the 08's were coming out. But I always planned to drive this car till it dies. As far as I am concerned the car could die today and I would have no complaints
I'm right there with you on that one. Im confident that I could get my car to 300k miles. Its been one of the best care that I ever owned. Im currently at 182k miles.

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
I would highly recommend you inspect both your cam and more importantly your lifters. I had a lifter go at 184k miles, the top dished and it stuck partially open. All cam lobes looked fine and had the chamfer. Apparently you can't really check the lifters without pulling the cam. The car was running great, 44 mpg w/DSG; I bought and serviced (Mobil TDT) since new. My plan was to do the full inspection at 200k with the timing belt...never made it.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
I'm coming up to 300,000 km. Engine runs smooth and on the last trip to Edmonton, Camrose, AB I averaged 4.2/100 km (2 pax and a small Dog). I'll drive it until I'm gone or the car. Parts since new: Batterie, Brakes, 1 Cooling Fan, 3rd set of tires (Mich.), 2 Timg Belts. 3rd will come at 300,000 km