2015 Jetta TDI

minis2003

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 beetle w/DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI w/DSG
I am thinking about getting a 2015 Jetta S TDI or SE TDI
And was wondering what everyone paid for their car.

And any issues they had with the new 2.0L TDI engine

lithgow

TDI
2010 Jetta DSG
I am still looking too. From what I have seen, anywhere from 21k to 26k for the s and se models around here. You may be able to do a little better. Also, the navigation, premium, and sel go up to 28k or more. You can try true car and other services to get an idea of what they are selling for.

NewYorkBuck

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2015 Black
Just got an SE in March for 23ish.

Approaching 3500 miles. Like it more each time I drive it. Mileage started in the high 40s and now is registering with a 5 handle....

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
Negotiated $19,200 on an S, but then switched to an SE with a slightly higher % discount to avoid waiting a week for a car still waiting for transport... used truecar initially, then did slightly better talking to the dealer. Think the final was about $22,000 if I recall right for the SE....was last month...so the "deals " might have changed....
No issues, car is up to about 2000 miles, doing 49+ mpg avg and still climbing.

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
Just picked up and SEL TDI DSG for $25. Stickers as 289. VW had the 0% plus and extra $1k discount. I had a 13 Passat SE/sunroof which was totaled out. I like the car so far. I am sometime heavy on the pedal so mpg has been in the 38-40 range. Watching the mpg on the mfd while cruising on the highway I was in the 60s.

It is smaller car than the Passat and I miss some of the things like the upgraded MFD auto dim mirror and auto headlights. But it is just a car or appliance. I like the keyless system in the Jetta so far. Drives my son crazy with the doors though, I think he is just jealous..

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
My Fully loaded 2015 Jetta TDI SEL with stick Shift Lighting and safety Package stickered at 30,285 I paid 27250

Last edited:

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
My local newspaper is showing "quirk vw" in NH has VW JETTA S TDI MANUAL for $18,895, discounted by $3565...
So there must some extra insentives this month...prices dropped a bit more.

minis2003

Veteran Member
TDI
Looked at the 15 Jetta tdi s w/dsg model price at $ 21,8710. it was nice, the seats seemed to lack lumbar support but otherwise . I was surprised that is the only model I could get with cloth seats. going back tomorrow to take a test drive with the wife, she likes the Prius. So we see how it goes.

Therealshoe

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
TDI SE Manual

I picked up my TDI SE Manual at the end of February for 22.2 (sticker 25.6k?). I was originally going to get a S for 19.2k, but the I just thought the SE was a much better car. Much nicer interior, alloy wheels, just to name the two big things.

So far I have put on just over 6k miles, and it has been running strong, no complaints thus far.

I'm sure you'll be happy with either, to me it came down to how long I planned on having the car, and how many miles I drive. I wanted something more "luxurious".

minis2003

Veteran Member
TDI
Took a test drive today, looks like we will pick one up one later this month.
Could not pass the 0% interest rate
We have not decided on a color yet but it will be a S w/DSG
Did not want a leatherette because it gets to hot in the summer time in Texas

mcmahonbj

TDI
2015 VW Jetta TDI SEL
I am about to roll over 10k on mine that I bought in November 14!! Also in the middle of V2 Air ride install! I love the car and cannot wait to keep adding things!

d9

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta
2015 sel tdi

I just committed to a 2015 Jetta, it's a SEL manual tranny, with the headlight package. I'll have to let you know about the MPG in a week or two.
It's a complex car, but I thought that 15 years ago when I got the 2001 that I'm still driving.
It'll hit 450K miles next week.... so the bar is set very high.

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I just committed to a 2015 Jetta, it's a SEL manual tranny, with the headlight package. I'll have to let you know about the MPG in a week or two.
It's a complex car, but I thought that 15 years ago when I got the 2001 that I'm still driving.

Maybe too high.....

minis2003

Veteran Member
TDI
Just pickup a Jetta S tdi silver in color w/monster mats,roadside kit, and trunk mat for $21,329 and only 15 miles on the clock.
Now I get to have the fun driving it through the breakin period so I make sure it will last U.S. To 300K miles.

Larryd2

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
I picked up my Jetta SE TDI with DSG day before yesterday. Not sure how my mileage is going to be, it only has 110 miles on it so far. It stickered at 26,570 and I paid 24,000 even. I've wanted a TDI for years, but I've always needed a truck. Now I have both.

Last edited:

JosephJP

TDI
15 jetta
Picked mine up on Saturday. SE with DSG, sticker 26,555 paid 23,600 and got 0% 72 months. I traded in a '12 WRX for it and had a '06 GLI before that.

1775usmarine

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
I got my 15 Jetta S yesterday with 25 miles on it. I traded an 06 jetta tdi 3.5k trade in plus 2k cash W/ 30k maintenance add on for 16.9k financed thru my bank.

flyoil

TDI
2015 Jetta SE DSG
Got my Jetta SE DSG a month ago for $22k. I got a good deal buy sheer luck and hard work as it was exhausting going back and forth; let me explain: I started by using TrueCar as it was supposed to provide me with what would be the best price for the model I was looking for. What TrueCar did not make clear was that they would share my information with all dealers in my area. I have 3 in my area. So I started to get bombarded by all 3 in a matter of seconds. Basically, all 3 dealers did the work for me as they were trying to outbid each other. All I had to do was tell whichever dealers turn it was that the "other" dealer had outbid him. I did that probably 10 times per day for five days. Trying to work while dealing with them was a nightmare. In the end I chose my local dealer. I ended up doing better than what TrueCar said would be a good deal. Luck, yes. Exhausting, yes. Worth it? definitely.

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black

I am picking up a 'Highline' (SEL in US) on Wednesday.
This one is for my lady, and it had to be a DSG transmission due to her health issues.
Leaving on a long trip to Florida on Saturday, so it should be interesting to see the fuel economy vs. the current BEW Jetta. I see they return the temperature gauge to the instrument cluster in 2015 MY.

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
I have no Lighting Package (part of the Technology Package in Canada) and the temp/fuel gauges are included. Really happy about that. It's impressive how quickly the engine warms up. I know it's summer time, but still much faster than my old cars.
The fuel economy reads in 50-52mpg range driving 70-75mph. Didn't have the chance to confirm with the calculator yet, as I am almost halfway through my first tank (I don't count the dealer's fill up) and the trip odometer is at 340 miles. Should be confirming the mileage on Monday as we are on our way down to Florida.

CastIronJSW

TDI
2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 1/2017); 2015 Jetta SEL TDI 6M (1st Stage Fix 2/2017)
I have 3600 miles on my Jetta SEL TDI with lighting package. I am still very pleased with it and have averaged a bit over 46 mpg with about 30% of my driving in city traffic. No problems - comfortable and quiet. Nice!

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
So, manual calculations show 45 mpg. This was achieved driving constant 75 mph on a hot day with AC blasting and about 25% through the Smokey Mountains.
I am sure it will get better on the way home, if I could just keep it at the speed limit.

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI S
Got my Jetta TDI S w/ DSG on Saturday. It had 218 miles on it, sitting at around 620 right now. Still on my first tank of fuel, which is unreal to me as a former Ford Ranger driver (was getting about 16 mpg on my 70 mile round trip commute to work)

Paid $19,640