View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2019, 22:05   #2
Nuje
Veteran Member

So, the process as best I can figure right now is as follows:
  • Install the round radar (easy-peasy - done it a couple times already); get CP removed by dealer
  • Swap the bezel / ACC buttons onto my existing MFSW (having done this a few times now, I have this down to ~20minutes)
  • Install the rear wheel ABS sensors (at this point, you might have to do some re-coding of Module 03 - ABS with VCDS; on my car, it was changing Byte26 from "00" to "50" - YMMV)
  • Wire up the new connector with the new pins (this is the step I'm holding at right now as NFW I was going to pay $300 for 10 repair wires; awaiting shipment from Aaron and the boys at CascadeGerman)
  • Get at the ABS module in the car, disconnect the harness and brake lines; out with the old, in with the new
  • Probably cut the wires, splice them into the repair wires (Ross-tech forum user "downtime" has a spreadsheet detailing which wire from "old" goes to which slot in "new").
  • Connect everything back together, follow the coding instructions from XiGaCo's pdf)
  • Find a good deity to say a quick prayer too...and fire it up.

His ride: 2015 GSW SEL TDI with MIB2, Active Info Display, Adaptive Cruise retrofit
Her ride: 2016 A3 e-tron

His other ride: 2015 Giant Propel SL Di2
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09354 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.73 Kb. compressed to 14.22 Kb. by saving 1.51 Kb. (9.59%)]