online dealer parts

mudduk

TDI
2000 jetta
When I need certain parts( like a trim piece) from actual authorized dealer I go to sites like Volkswagen-parts.com (most dealers you walk into will match these -30% online prices). You can view illustrations which is very nice but unlike Honda dealer wholesale sites the Volkswagen sites do not show the part number. This is a problem fo me when I am looking for used parts because I cannot see all the compatible cars for that part. Does anyone know of a solution?
Thanks!:eek:

mudduk

TDI
2000 jetta
What brings this up is I am looking for a right side cooling fan for 2000 jetta TDI and am sure it is used on many other cars

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
Have you actually bought from Volkswagen-parts.com? They seem to fail every test of legitimacy I use like:

No Address listed
No dealer affiliation listed
Contact us page has no address or phone number
An 800 number hidden in the returns section, which google shows to be for a Mitsubishi Dodge, Kia and Suzuki Dealer but no VW dealer.

From Idaho, you're best online authorized dealer is 1stVWparts.com in WA.

Not sure about how to get part numbers, but many users here have access to part number info so asking will often get you the right number fairly quickly.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
A VERY GOOD online dealer is 1rst VW Parts. Good prices, actual VW dealer, good online parts catalog and excellent telephone support. If you can't find the part in their online catalog, they will E-mail you the EKTA pages.............

Make sure you have your VIN handy so you will get the right part and also not waste their valuable time.

mudduk

TDI
2000 jetta
Awesome!!!!!! Thanks everyone. No have not bought any new parts yet from anywhere, but when I do I will go to the suggested here.

Dunno513

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 NB PD-TDI DSG
From Idaho, you're best online authorized dealer is 1stVWparts.com in WA.

From anywhere.

NH and I'm getting ready to place my 4th maintenance order. Haven't found better prices yet.. and I shop around at the usual places.

What I like best is that I know I'm getting OE VW stuff at OEM prices, no guessing.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
From anywhere.

NH and I'm getting ready to place my 4th maintenance order. Haven't found better prices yet.. and I shop around at the usual places.

What I like best is that I know I'm getting OE VW stuff at OEM prices, no guessing.
FYI,

www.ezvwparts.com is a dealer on Long Island with nearly identical prices and you don't have to wait for them to ship cross-country.

Last edited:

Dunno513

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 NB PD-TDI DSG
I just tried their link and within seconds of entering my vehicle.. errors started popping up. Not a very good first impression. Almost as disheartening as some of our trusted vendors not properly listing 2006 TDI beetle as an A4 platform. I digress.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
Strange. I checked the link when I posted and it was up, but I'm getting errors now as well. I've used them a couple of times and have had no issues.