You know you're obsessed when....

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Re: You know you\'re obsessed when....

DSL HED,
Thanks for the tip. I'll check out dieselcar.com.
You may not want to do this at work ("diesel divas" are not office-friendly).

xsfmed

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2002, Indigo Blue

How about not admitting you are obsessed, you just care about the maintenance of your vehicle, its mileage, and the equipment you elect to attach to it. equipment includes Maguire's Tech wax, a pela 6000, invisible glass, carwashes at a maximum of every 2 weeks and powerservice. I'm not obsessed, I swear....

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus

...carwashes at a maximum of every 2 weeks and powerservice. I'm not obsessed, I swear....
Heathen! During the summer you have to wash the car at least twice weekly--it only takes 5-minutes to wash, 5 to quick detail. Then you need your once monthly wax with your power buffer, the quarterly shampoo of the carpets, etc... During the winter you can get away with washing once a week...but still that's not often enough.
-BB

KI4HOK

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Reflex silver Jetta wagon

You only drink Mountain Dew, because it foams and looks like diesel.

Mellow Yellow is a good substitute!

And the red kind ain't real Mountain Dew!
The red is the off road Dew

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan

your wife now thinks of you as a nerd hanging out with all his nerd buddies on this forum.
Or your wife tells your family and friends that you are attending a cult meeting where vestal virgins are sacrificed after being covered in 505.00 or 505.01 synthetic oil...

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray

You intentionally park your Passat near some other German cars in the parking garage so it will have someone to talk to while you are gone

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T

You intentionally park your Passat near some other German cars in the parking garage so it will have someone to talk to while you are gone
Better yet, parking your VW next to other VWs

eli

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Cruze stickshift 2019 Terrain

i'm obsessed, really. but i only wash my car 2 or 3 times per year. in the winter i try to see how much salt/grime i can get to cover the car! the more the merrier! as for waxing, of course not. modern cars/clearcoats do not require waxing whatsoever. in my humble opinion!

golftdibrad

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL 2001 Silver

i'm obsessed, really. but i only wash my car 2 or 3 times per year. in the winter i try to see how much salt/grime i can get to cover the car! the more the merrier! as for waxing, of course not. modern cars/clearcoats do not require waxing whatsoever. in my humble opinion!
Amen. Or least 'I practice'

jimoilrell

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat TDI Variant Reflex Silver, 2005 Passat TDI Variant United Grey

You play reruns of Hogan's Heros in the garage for your TDI.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray

Better yet, parking your VW next to other VWs
I tried that, but sometimes mine gets confused because it does not speak Spanish

xsfmed

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2002, Indigo Blue

Heathen! During the summer you have to wash the car at least twice weekly--it only takes 5-minutes to wash, 5 to quick detail. Then you need your once monthly wax with your power buffer, the quarterly shampoo of the carpets, etc... During the winter you can get away with washing once a week...but still that's not often enough.
Heathen? I don't get to drive much during the week, and it's parked under cover - ususally next to a gasser Golf, so it has company - I really only have to wash the dust off, armor all, wipe down the interior, vacuum, de-lint the seats rain-x, and wax(every 2 months). I do keep a box of TDI 'goodies' in the hatch - a winterizer for the fuel, powerservice (cetane boost), invisible glass, paper towels, rain-x polymer, rain-x window cleaner wipes (packet and container), maguires, 2 chamois, a bag of soft rags, a microfiber rag, torx set, socket set, emergency hammer, armor all, extra windshield wipers. And my nose mask (top only) comes off every time the car gets washed, and after it rains - so that it won't cloud the paint. I just need to get a vag-com and hook it up every time I drive....

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus

lol...sorry to poke fun and ruffle your feathers a bit. With that list of equipment I would have to concede that you are doing better than I am when I am at school--it breaks my heart to leave all my detailing stuff at home...but college apartments lack resources for washing cars.
That said, I will call myself the heathen for being forced to use a self-carwash...oh well, at least I wash my car unlike everyone else around me.
-BB

JWaltersTDI

Veteran Member

I guess I am obcessed: I have had my Spice Red PD for 3 months, barely have 1300 mi on it and am on my 15th coat of Zaino not counting the other 15 times I waxed it with Auto Magic Carnauba.. I should also concede I used to own an auto detailing business before I became a corporate slave, LOL

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.

Face it, JWalters, you just like the purdy way your paint beads up in all that Oregon rain!

Obsession... are we talking about with our cars... or this THREAD?! It just won't die! LOL!

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE

I guess I am obcessed: I have had my Spice Red PD for 3 months, barely have 1300 mi on it and am on my 15th coat of Zaino not counting the other 15 times I waxed it with Auto Magic Carnauba..
Congrats on your switch to ZAINO - the best stuff on earth!

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
You know you\'re obsessed when....

You know you're obsessed when you just can't let this thread die...
Please note the date of this post: Thu Oct 30 2003 06:15 PM

xsfmed

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2002, Indigo Blue

no ruffles, i don't look good in ruffles - this is basically a friendly place, until one gets flamed for asking a question that has been asked half a million times before. so, i shut up and read, post occasionally, and obsess about my car being all alone and only getting 'really' driven on weekends - somtimes for no other reason than to drive (that might be obsessed)
keep it clean, drive it like you stole it, powerservice helps to the cetane up!

JWaltersTDI

Veteran Member

It beads all nice and pretty when I wash it. I hate to not use my car, but when it rains in Oregon every car throws up not only water but rocks, and LOTS of them. The studded tires they allow here do nothing but tear up the roads. We cant allow the ding dongs in the SUV's to slide off the road when the clueless drivers are not paying attention and are talking on the cell phone, slide off the road due to the fact they have no idea how to control the vehicle they drive. LOL .. On the good side though, Portland has an incredible summer...The city sweeps up all the rocks so we can drive with a bit less worry. (the studded tires from the lib-mobiles go back in storage) hehehe

Rammstein

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 92 D

I guess I am obcessed: I have had my Spice Red PD for 3 months, barely have 1300 mi on it and am on my 15th coat of Zaino not counting the other 15 times I waxed it with Auto Magic Carnauba.. I should also concede I used to own an auto detailing business before I became a corporate slave, LOL
That's normal buddy, if I had a heated garage, I'd do the same, I envy you!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)

You know you're obsessed when you just can't let this thread die...
Please note the date of this post: Thu Oct 30 2003 06:15 PM
you know you are obsessed when you marry another TDIclub Member!!!

Can't find another 'more obsessed' criteria

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI

I was just telling my dad this today.... Could be an ad in the paper.

"Male veedub-head seeking female veedub-head"

marcusku

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Sportwagen, 15', red

Meeting a chick with a TDI would guaranteed love at a first sight.
Yesterday when I filled up my tank I still got every last drop in despite it being only 0 degrees out. Freezing your *!@#$ to get every last drop in a sign of obsession???

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI

Meeting a chick with a TDI would guaranteed love at a first sight.
Yesterday when I filled up my tank I still got every last drop in despite it being only 0 degrees out. Freezing your *!@#$ to get every last drop in a sign of obsession???
What about a singles section on here? I wouldn't mind meeting up with Veedubbers of the female type. Maybe Fred will read this and think about it...

Bob

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.

OOOps YES it IS true... And WE are looking forward to being TDi hitched.

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver

Sure, now when I look up TDI hitches, I'll be confused, or just more confused.

Sam '02 Wagon (sans either hitch)

MrHilyPlausible

TDI
New Beetle 2002 TDI

<ul type="square">[*]When you risk being shot at because you drive 55 MPH on the highway because you are going for that illusive 900 mile in a tank mark in a TDI NB[*]You ask the boss to change your hours to 5:30 AM to 1:30 PM just so that the number of possible vehicular assailants goes down by an order of magnitude[*]You wire up the laptop for an entertainment system so that the four year old in the back seat is OK with taking the NB on a trip[/list]

tca32123

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDi, Platinum Grey, Grey Leather, ESP, Monsoon Radio and 2003 Jetta Wagon TDi, Forest Green, slush box for the wife

I know I'm obsessed when I spend a perfectly good Saturday morning this last weekend driving up and down the turnpike because I was close to breaking 700 miles for the first time on a tank of diesel
Had 704 miles b/f I stopped and the warning light didn't even come on. Would've gone for 800 but I had plans w/ the little lady.

DareDiesel

Veteran Member

... you realize that you have another reason to be thankful for the weight loss your wife achieved on her diet - less weight for your B4 to move. (I got a gentle love tap for that observation
)
... after the above incident you wonder aloud if it would make any difference in the load weight if you asked everyone to empty their bladders before the ride. (This got me back into her good graces again
)