Euro Split Mirrors for new (2004.5) TDI Passat

sabaranski

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. See signature.
Hello - I mistakenly ordered split mirrors that I understood would fit a "2004 Passat". Guess what - they don't fit (blinker in the side mirror)!

OK Steve, so what's your point? Well, does anyone know a source or at least part numbers for split mirrors that will fit on the new Passat?

I can tell you that the part numbers are not:
> 3B1 857 521
> 3B2 857 522

Thanks!

jonjon

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDi Black with tan leather
Where do you get these mirrors?? Are they hard to replace?? I would love to get them as this car has the worse blind spots of any car I have ever had. I want to replace them before I run over someone! :)
Thanks!
John

jonjon

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDi Black with tan leather
Wanted to bump this up in hopes someone would chime in where they bought the split mirrors for the Passat with the blinker mirrors. Also are they easy to put in yourself?
Thanks so much!!!
John

redmondjp

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan
[
Dang it--why is it that everytime I want do do a search it's not available]

Not to hijack this thread, but have these split mirrors ever been available for the B4 Passat?

LightningTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 United Grey Passat TDI Wagon with Grey Leather; '05 Golf, 5-speed automatic TDI; '04 Beetle 5M TDI; '02 Beetle auto TDI
And they are GREAT to have!!! I still do not understand why these are not standard here in the US, they are an incredile safety feature.

jdelscott

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d
I've check both of the websites above and only see split mirrors for the A4 Jettas. Am I missing something?

Also, are the splits heated?

LightningTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 United Grey Passat TDI Wagon with Grey Leather; '05 Golf, 5-speed automatic TDI; '04 Beetle 5M TDI; '02 Beetle auto TDI
jdelscott said:
I've check both of the websites above and only see split mirrors for the A4 Jettas. Am I missing something?

Also, are the splits heated?
Mine are heated...I got mine from a club member serving in Germany.

vw4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
I was just about to order these at OEM plus and then the price went from 99 to 109. Bummer. That made me read a little closer and I noticed the RHS mirror is convex, not split. So its basically identical to NA? Is it more convex. I think I will miss my dual splits from the mk4.

LH Side split mirror is a must, but is the RH side one from OEMplus any different from NA (besides no text)?

thx

B5 bahnstormer

TDI
2005 Passat Sedan tdi
If anyones interested, I have a couple of euro passat mirrors I would let go. I think they are B3. IM me if interested.

LightningTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
My RHS Euro mirror is split.

vw4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
I guess I am having trouble identifying what is what.

OEMpl.us has them, blue tinted, but RHS appears not to be split

parts4vws has them, both sides split, but appears not to be blue tinted, and more expensive

impex lists the same PN's as parts4vws, but out of stock

PGP which is in my backyard doesn't list them, but I have e-mailed.

ALCO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 A3 Jetta, silver/2005 B5 Passat, silver
Call PGP and talk to Paul Jr. He has the German OEM list and part no's. You can get a right-hand split by ordering the UK mirror. The standard Euro convex is supposed to have a slightly deeper convex radius as compared to the North American version. I honestly have not noticed much difference but then again, have not looked that hard.

Search for an old post by member Michael Moore for a good description and some part numbers.

LightningTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
ALCO said:
Call PGP and talk to Paul Jr. He has the German OEM list and part no's. You can get a right-hand split by ordering the UK mirror. The standard Euro convex is supposed to have a slightly deeper convex radius as compared to the North American version. I honestly have not noticed much difference but then again, have not looked that hard.

Search for an old post by member Michael Moore for a good description and some part numbers.
Be careful with UK mirrors...I did this with my Volvo and the mirror was convexed and did not work as well as the ones I got from Germany for the VW...makes sense if you think about it since they drive on the wrong side in the UK and they would make it wide angle on their far-side mirror.

vw4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
Does anyone that owns these mirrors (either) have any comments as to which they think they might prefer on the right side (convex or split aspheric?)

thx

LightningTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
vw4life said:
Does anyone that owns these mirrors (either) have any comments as to which they think they might prefer on the right side (convex or split aspheric?)

thx
Split...these mirrors are great! I do not know why they are not OEM here in the USA.

Last edited:

vw4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
So if you have a split mirror on the passengar side that means, I think, that you can't get blue tinted. You have split on both sides and blue tinted? I can't seem to find that option.

Any comments if the Euro convex mirror is better than the NA convex mirror?

(PS sorry for harping on and on with this issue)

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I have Euro Split mirrors on both sides of my A5 Jetta these mirrors were originally on my B5.5 Passat. One of our Club members stationed in Germany got these for me and they are not blue tinted
The Mirrors for the 2004.5-2005 B5.5 Passat, B6 Passat, and A5 Jetta are all the same