Philly area Monthly GTG (TDIFEST planning too)

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
A couple of us, In the philly area, met on Sunday at the Exton Barnes and Noble and decited to meet monthly. If you want to meet local TDiers from the area. We are going to meet every 3rd Wenesday Evening @ 630 pm.

We will also be dicussing and planning the 2006 TDIfest. So if anybody would like to help out that would be great!!!

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
We just got Sponsorship/Goodie bag stuff from Meguiar's Wax and VW dealership Sponsorship for Show n shine Trophies. We also have 2006 TDifest pins.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Glad to see you guys taking a more active role...

Please keep me updated with the ideas generated at these meetings.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
What fest?

Consider doing a thread link so that people interested in your.....other gtg may go to these as well. Now, about those questions I asked before.....any answers yet? Did you check your other thread last week? Bear in mind, people are making plans with families and taking time off work. Now is the time to set everything up and have FIRM commitments for help from volunteers. I am sure you have the rest worked out because we all know there will be no last minute stuff (90 days prior) that will work as far as larger fest logistics. It would be nice however if you would share these already accomplished plans with the rest of us.

Also, a schedule of event planning would be helpful to post, as many who plan on attending and\or helping dont live in Pa.....or may live there, but not very close to you. This way, they can plan on atteending those meetings that are most pertinent to thier responsibilities at the fest, rather than driving several miles and\or hours for things not related to thier volunteered activities. It would also give them time to work out thier part and report back with FIRM PLANS of what they intend to do and how, so that it can be properly reviewed in a timely fashion by the fest commitee.

Again. WHAT ARE THE ACTIVITIES PLANNED AND HOW DO YOU PLAN TO IMPLEMENT THESE ACTIVITIES? This is important as you WILL need volunteer help and asking at the last minute WILL NOT WORK. If you havent already, arrange your time so that the fest is top priority after you family's health of course, so that all the people counting on you for a successful fest to PROMOTE AND SUPPORT this site wont be disappointed.

It would be a drag to have to hold a second one to get the necessary funds to keep the site going.......wouldnt it?

diesel_dog

Leo819 said:
A couple of us, In the philly area, met on Sunday at the Exton Barnes and Noble and decited to meet monthly. If you want to meet local TDiers from the area. We are going to meet every 3rd Wenesday Evening @ 630 pm.

We will also be dicussing and planning the 2006 TDIfest. So if anybody would like to help out that would be great!!!

Is this happening tonight May 17th?
Is the B&N on #30 in Exton?

Mark

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
diesel_dog said:
Is this happening tonight May 17th?
Is the B&N on #30 in Exton?

Mark
My wife and I will be there 7pm we will be in a silver tdi wagon.

We might be the only ones tonight. I am awaiting some PMs, though.

But it would be great to meet others.

It's off the Route 30 bypass. Exton..... we will be there around 730pm. I dunno if anybody else read my pms. but more then welcome to meet

Gero

Last edited:

savd4one

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Passat Wagon - evil gasser :)
leo819 and i were the only ones there tonight. but i thought it would be a good idea for future referrence to post where in B&N we'll be. we'll sit in the window (or try to) in the Starbucks area...that's where we were tonight.