View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2019, 18:50   #11
Whitfield

More panel gap alignment. It is the little things that make the difference between good & great!

The inner fender needed to come in slightly at the front to make the marks on center & give adequate adjustment at grille & headlights. Black fender lower at front door needed adjustment. The parts puller at the salvage yard bent up the lower tab on the black fender when removing it. This was throwing off the upper body line (fender to door alignment). Also verifying that the hood grille & headlights play nice with the new CAPA certified core support.
The driver's side front fender upper wing between the hood and windshield was kicked by the hood in the crash. No visible damage but clear misalignment / it looks easily adjustable. This car has so much room to move & adjust panels.

CAPA was not as bad of a fit as I was expecting. The only glaring flaw I found was that the hood latch cup was too narrow for the latch by 1/8" or better. I believe the exterior washer/spacer on the front side of the hood latch cup was crimped in place reverse with the thick side in towards the hood latch. Otherwise not a bad fit for non-OEM.

Panel Bond & gun is on the way along with a few $$$ of other bodywork supplies.

Last edited by Whitfield; October 21st, 2019 at 19:34.
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08240 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.97 Kb. compressed to 14.36 Kb. by saving 1.61 Kb. (10.11%)]