Mechanic in Nashville

jellisdrum

TDI
2001 Golf Auto
Hey again....

Does anybody know of a shop in Nashville, TN that's really experienced with TDIs and honest?

I really just want someone to check over my car to make sure everything's normal, and to possibly do a trans flush, as I don't have vag-com.

So....where to?

wrenchman30

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 gray 2006 dark blue
uhhh if you would like to chance a problem with the repair and possibly only have to pay for parts you should call the nashville auto diesel college. they are always needing cars for the students in the shop phase. when i went i had to work on my own for the two weeks we were in that class. being straped for cash my group did minor stuff to all of our vehicles.

Motor7

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta, 234K miles(SOLD)
I can highly recommend Paramedick. I also have to drive up from E. TN, but it's worth it to have someone that knows what he is doing. Besides, 4hrs in a TDI is about 2 bucks worht of fuel.....:D
RD

biopete

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta 1998, A4 Jetta 2001
Nashville Autohaus

Nashville Autohaus , http://www.nashvilleautohaus.com/. I'm in nashville. Will Fisher , the owner is a friend of the family's, great guy. I bought my first 92 Jetta diesel from them for 1900. It had 219,000 on it then and had a new head put on because the timing belt broke. It has like 280,000 on it now and still going strong. My step dad owns it now. They are good people and probably as honest as mechanics can be but cost 80.00 an hour. I think they know TDIs pretty good. Not as good as paramedick probably. I do all my own work on my TDIs so i do not know exactly what they know. People take them to them for timing belts though and i would recommend them for a shop. A local TDI guru would be best but unfortuneately, i am not there ( yet ) :) Also the VW Dealer in River Gate i read here has a good TDI Mechanic. Beware of Cool Springs Dealer. Never go there. They overfill oil, don't know a leaky IP when they see one and are generally worthless in my experience.

Our first TDI, the A3, the dealer selling it to us, had it inspected at Nashville Autohaus. He takes all his cars there. Another friend of the family's. That A3 has been the best, trouble free car we have ever had. I think an inspection is about 80.00 probably.

HTH