Window roll down/up from key fob

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm not sure about the 2009s, but with the earlier cars, you need someone with the VDS Pro software (which the dealers do not have).

compu_85 has it and will be available at TDI Fest. Consider stopping by for the weekend! :cool:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
LOL. Good point. It will be a great time... check out the Fest forum for more information. :)

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
VagCom

Check my signature for Vag tool locator. You might find someone closer to you.:)

HeAvYfUeL

Veteran Member
TDI
2009, Golf Variant, DSG
I did it yesterday on my 2009 with a Micro-CAN USB cable. Latest software from Ross-Tech. No problem. Only the windows don't close by themselves when I lock the car. I have to keep the button pressed. Not like the Golf with the KVW mod I installed.

Hurst89

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Pkg 0 5spd TDI
That's how my 05.5 is, you have to hold the lock to close the windows.

Hurst

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Easy mod with VCDS. 4 or 5 checkboxes and you're in business.

Much easier and cheaper than the previous generation's Alientech solution.

Alientech was cool though because it was two clicks and you're up. No holding of the button.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
You can get the windows to auto-close with the remote. I programmed it on my car, my mom's '09 Jetta, my previous '08 R32, a friend's '07 GTI, my aunt's '07 Jetta, my mom's previous '06 Passat, and various other '05.5 and '06 cars. You hold the lock button until the windows start to roll up and then you can let go and they will continue to close. When all the windows are up the hazards will flash once to confirm and then the sunroof will begin to close.

J-Bob

TDI
'09 JSW TDI
VAG-COM Help

Pelican18TQA4 said:
You can get the windows to auto-close with the remote. I programmed it on my car, my mom's '09 Jetta, my previous '08 R32, a friend's '07 GTI, my aunt's '07 Jetta, my mom's previous '06 Passat, and various other '05.5 and '06 cars. You hold the lock button until the windows start to roll up and then you can let go and they will continue to close. When all the windows are up the hazards will flash once to confirm and then the sunroof will begin to close.
I'm in Delaware County. Is there any chance we could get together and do mine too??? Please? I'd be more than happy to travel to you.

Midnight Rider

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
Pelican18TQA4 said:
Do you remember off by heart where the auto up group is located in long coding helper??

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Can you open all windows and sunroof or you can pick witch windows to open or just sun roof.

Orygun

TDI
'10 Jetta sedan, '11 Jetta Sportwagen
Open all windows (but not sunroof, even though coding makes it look like you can). Close all windows and sunroof. You can't pick which windows to open or close.

Tim$2

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW
Could you use the trunk unlock button to do this? The trunk button is fairly useless for a JSW.

Orygun

TDI
'10 Jetta sedan, '11 Jetta Sportwagen
No, the trunk button stays the trunk button. The windows are controlled by holding the lock and unlock buttons down. No way of changing that that I'm aware of. It's not really "programmable", it's just turning on features that come standard in other parts of the world.

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
Pelican18TQA4 said:
HOW did you do that? My 06 still stop rolling them up unless I hold the button until its completed the task. Every car I've seen with this mod, sans a GTI, was like this and the GTI had no idea how he made his work like that.

Midnight Rider

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
kcfoxie said:
HOW did you do that? My 06 still stop rolling them up unless I hold the button until its completed the task. Every car I've seen with this mod, sans a GTI, was like this and the GTI had no idea how he made his work like that.
Activate "comfort function automatic closing" picture one in Pelican's post, Bit 6.

Thanks again Pelican!

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Orygun said:
Open all windows (but not sunroof, even though coding makes it look like you can). Close all windows and sunroof. You can't pick which windows to open or close.
Had malooschek program mine for the fob open/close, but the sunroof does NOT open with the windows.

So...you can CLOSE the sunroof with the keyfob, but not OPEN it. Is that correct?

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
Correct, you cannot open the sunroof with
the remote even though it appears you can in the long coding. Anyone know if this feature works on MkV's sold elsewhere in the world?

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
Big IF, but IF that is possible we should be able to recode the ECU to that region and make it work.

My cluster, for instance, believes it is in the UK when in reality it is in the US.

I have Leaving Home/Coming Home enabled on my non-automatic headlights on my car thanks to that change in the cluster's coding.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
I'm thinking that maybe it's not possible at all and maybe it's a leftover from early MkV's in Europe since they were out there a few years before the US got them. Who knows?!

Midnight Rider

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
kcfoxie said:
My cluster, for instance, believes it is in the UK when in reality it is in the US.

I have Leaving Home/Coming Home enabled on my non-automatic headlights on my car thanks to that change in the cluster's coding.
So what differences did it make when you reprogrammed it to be in the UK?? Anything negative??

Thanks to you too!!

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
It enabled the Coming/Going feature w/out automatic headlamps and the US auto headlamp switch; it changed Tires to Tyres, military time is default (but changeable), and thats really about it. S's where Z's used to be, otherwise not really noticeable!

Midnight Rider

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
I just changed mine to UK and this is what I noticed:
Coming home work in the normal US light switch ON position
Leaving home work in the ON and OFF position
Auto headlights work in the ON position
No more door open chime
No more seat belt chime while standing, don't know yet about driving
°F is now °C

Those are my first observations for my 06 pkg 0 Jetta...